IT Project Manager - InfrastructureABM Industries Inc. - Rochelle, TX
IT Project Manager - Infrastructure
Information Technology, Project Management
Job Type/ FLSA Status
0 - 10%
At ABM Industries Inc., a IT Project Manager drives large, complex, transformational technology and business projects. These projects are highly visible and strategic efforts that span multiple concurrent work streams. They may impact one or more businesses within ABM across many locations. Project Managers know how to take ownership of an effort, hold people accountable, think creatively, organize a team, communicate to many levels of leadership, and drive results. They must also understand the problem that their project is trying to solve and empathize with the sponsors needs and the stakeholders concerns. They bridge the gap between business and technology and think of it all as one team unified under one purpose.
ABM Project Managers are also expected to be leaders and foster leadership within their teams. They are expected to be self-motivating and must embrace ABMs collaborative culture by adopting its communication styles, tools and best practices and seek to improve the culture on a regular basis.
This position specifically requires the IT Project Manager to be highly skilled in IT infrastructure and networking projects. They must have a project manager level of understanding of the technologies used in all areas of IT infrastructure specifically in the applications areas of cloud- based collaboration systems (email, file share, video/voice, etc.) as well as knowledge infrastructure operations such as server and asset management, data center operations and security. The must be comfortable and capable of translating IT speak across multiple levels of ABM business resources and project stakeholders.
- Work with the business partners and IT leadership to evaluate, estimate costs, plan and schedule the development and implementation activities that provide improvements to business operations.
- Drive the requirements gathering, analysis and design, procurement of equipment and services, testing and implementation all activities throughout each project.
- In a matrix environment, lead teams of staff including business analysts, security and system administrators, hardware/network and software engineers, testers, end-user device technicians and change control technicians throughout the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Conduct regular meetings with Management, Steering Committees, project teams, and peers to convey status, review issues, and identify risks.
- Be familiar with the concept of following PMO governance structures and must adopt ABMs structure, reporting styles and expectations around cadence.
- Build detailed baselined project schedules, risk matrices, issue logs, communication plans and other standard project management artifacts.
- PMP (required) CSM, Six Sigma, ITIL, or other Project and IT related certifications (preferred)
- 10 years of IT Project Management
- Experience working with Project Portfolio Management systems is a plus
- 1-5 years of Data Center moves, integrations and upgrades
- 1-5 years of Network upgrades and integrations (LAN/WAN/W-MWAN)
- 1-5 years of end-user device rollouts and upgrades
- 1-5 years of experience in IT Security projects
- Experience using multiple project management tools
- Understanding of technology used in networks, IT telephony/VOIP, data centers, end-user devices
- Understanding of modern IT security practices and associated technology
- Experience in project financial budgeting, resource forecasting, and cost tracking
- Experience and deep understanding of baseline management and planning practices
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation and verbal communication abilities
- Comfortable with executive exposure and able to converse with executives effectively and with appropriate context
- Capable of working and communicating with IT engineers and administrators
- Comfortable working remotely using audio and video communication tools and technology
- Desire and ability to learn new processes / tools
Sugar Land, TX 77478 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
17 days 9 hours ago
applyIT Project Manager - Infrastructure ABM Industries Inc. - Rochelle, TX, United States
With over 100 years of facility solutions experience, we continue to serve thousands of clients across the U.S. and in over 20 international locations. ABM offers: ABM is one of the largest facility management services providers in the U.S. We offer state-of-the-art, dependable building maintenance services cost effectively. Our substantial base of long-term clients demonstrates the importance that we place on building enduring relationships. As an ABM client, you have the advantage of obtaining multiple services under one contract with a single point of contact, making it easy for you to outsource these functions without administrative headaches. We provide any combination of services on a local, regional or national basis.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Project Manager / Scrum Master, Software Development
- Sr. Software Engineer
View More Jobs in Rochelle, TX:
- View More Jobs in Rochelle, TX
- More IT Project Manager Infrastructure Jobs in Rochelle, TX
- More IT Jobs in Rochelle, TX
- More ABM Industries Inc. Jobs in Rochelle, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More IT Project Manager Infrastructure Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in Rochelle, TX
- More ABM Industries Inc. Jobs in Texas