Human Resources Coordinator (Bilingual - English/Spanish)Kiewit Corporation - The Woodlands, TX
Human Resources Coordinator (Bilingual - English/Spanish)
Dec 14, 2017
The Woodlands, TX, US
Requisition ID: 70861
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Woodlands, TX
We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic Human Resources Coordinator to join our vibrant human resources team. This position is responsible for implementing human resources strategies to meet business objectives and to provide high-level support to employees regarding benefits, new hire administration, onboarding, and policies and procedures. This position requires a well-rounded, detailed –oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
The HR Coordinator/HR Advisor serves as first point of contact for employee assistance and information. Obtains and provides requested information or takes appropriate action to resolve, refer, or escalate issues in accordance with company and/or HR policies and procedures. This function works closely with the field HR teams, employees and management. This position also supports the department in the administration of assigned transactional work.
• Professionally and accurately responds to written and oral inquiries from employees and managers regarding HR questions, issues, problems. This will include telephone, chat, e-mail and drop-in face-to-face interactions.
• Manages employee changes, special pays, employee updates, Tuition Reimbursement requests and report requests.
• Plans and conducts new hire orientation (in person and remote sessions)
• Interfaces with Centers of Excellence partners to assist in the administration and support of employee issues and problems.
• Quickly and accurately resolves cases in professional, sensitive, customer-focused manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Escalates complex cases to achieve resolution
• Maintains high degree of confidentiality.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• Requires knowledge of various areas of human resources including benefits, employment, pay-related practices/process, compensation and company policies and procedures.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
• Requires a college degree or 1-4 years of Human Resource or other applicable experience.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
• Familiarity with HRIS systems a plus
• Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and individuals.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work independently or with a team
• Ability to work with others in all capacities within the company
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include; Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:
Engineer, HR, Information Systems, HRIS, Water Treatment, Engineering, Human Resources, Technology
12 days 15 hours ago
applyHuman Resources Coordinator (Bilingual - English/Spanish) Kiewit Corporation - The Woodlands, TX, United States
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Benefits Coordinator
Huntington Beach, CA
- Human Resources Support - Human Resources
- Leave of Absence Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- HR Field Coordinator / Administrator
South San Francisco, CA
- Recruiting Manager
View More Jobs in The Woodlands, TX:
- View More Jobs in The Woodlands, TX
- More Human Resources Coordinator (Bilingual English Spanish) Jobs in The Woodlands, TX
- More HR Jobs in The Woodlands, TX
- More Kiewit Corporation Jobs in The Woodlands, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Human Resources Coordinator (Bilingual English Spanish) Jobs in Texas
- More HR Jobs in The Woodlands, TX
- More Kiewit Corporation Jobs in Texas