Horseback Camp CounselorD.R. Horton, Inc. - Fort Stockton, TX
Horseback Camp Counselor','1704393','!*!
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton Inc. is looking for a Horseback Camp Counselor for our remote West Texas Children’s Camp. The camp is one week long for seven weeks from June 11th through August 6th, having a week break for the fourth of July. The camp offers horseback trail rides, ATV trail rides, swimming, canoeing, fishing, hiking, and competitive games, while focusing on learning good manners and life skills for boys and girls ages 9-13 years old.
As a counselor, your position is most important. You are a role model for the campers in every action, spoken word, and the way you carry the Camp Horton legacy. You will be engaging with the kids and building relationships with them through daily events, playing games, leading projects, and holding the kids to the same high expectations we hold ourselves to. We are about creating the ultimate environment where kids can just be kids, and we need great counselors to do that.
Responsibilities consist of but are not limited to:
· Managing 5-8 campers
· Feeding and checking water daily at 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
· Gathering horses at 7:00 a.m. from pasture
· Properly grooming and tacking up horses
· Fitting campers with helmets and boots
· Teaching campers basic riding skills
· Leading campers safely on trail rides and small cattle drives
· Keeping barn, stalls and horse-holding areas clean
· Keeping camp staff informed of any issues with horses, equipment or facilities
· Keeping campers on schedule
· Participate in swimming, fishing, canoeing and all other events
· Assist in set-up, preparation, and clean-up of all camp events
High School Graduate; college preferred
Pass State Required Background check
Possess valid Driver’s License
Eligible to work in the United States
CPR Certified (or capable of passing qualification prior to start date)
Proven positive experience working with children
Passion for working with children
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook and Instagram!','Ranch','TX-Fort Stockton','','Ranch','Full-time','Dec 18, 2017','','false','Horseback Camp Counselor
7 days 2 hours ago
applyHorseback Camp Counselor D.R. Horton, Inc. - Fort Stockton, TX, United States
Of livable and affordable new homes built with unmatched efficiencies and uncompromising quality. Of family traditions passed on to new generations. Of a business that would grow by making customers’ dreams a reality.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Fort Stockton, TX:
- View More Jobs in Fort Stockton, TX
- More Horseback Camp Counselor Jobs in Fort Stockton, TX
- More D.R. Horton, Inc. Jobs in Fort Stockton, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Horseback Camp Counselor Jobs in Texas
- More D.R. Horton, Inc. Jobs in Texas