Heavy Machinery Operator/Test EngineerTrimble Navigation Limited - OH, USA
is recruiting for a Heavy
Machinery Operator/Test Engineer
to fill an opportunity in Dayton, OH.
Job Description / Responsibilities
Caterpillar Trimble Control Technologies is a joint venture between Caterpillar and Trimble focused on developing grade control systems for both aftermarket and factory installation. The Machine Operator/Test Engineer is responsible for testing and tuning of Automatic Grade Control Systems and Cat Grade Control systems on machines such as track type tractors, motor graders, and hydraulic excavators. Tuning consists of operating the machine and modifying the grade control system parameters to optimize performance in regards to its automated grading capabilities. The ability to effectively run heavy equipment and subjectively analyze the performance of a machine as well as the ability to perform control system tuning for optimal performance are key factors in successful performance in this role.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Tuning grade control products to get optimum performance
· Development of test plans and test estimates
· Execution and documentation of functional bench tests and on-machine tests
· Written and verbal communication of test results
· Trouble-shooting complex problems on bench setups and on machines
· Conducting machine test set-ups and tear-downs
· Assistance with customer support and training
Skills & Experience Required:
· 3 or more years of experience in the use of earthmoving equipment for the construction of subdivisions or roads.
· Direct experience utilizing grade control systems such as Trimble Grade Control System or Accugrade.
· Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
· Problem-solving and time management skills
· Having a flexible approach to working in a changing environment
· Ability to work as part of a collaborative team
· Data processing computer skills
· Analytical approach and attention to detail
· Physical ability to work on and around construction equipment to test and validate software in a user environment
· A relevant qualification in Land Surveying, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
· Experience in control systems development for earthmoving or paving machines-
· Experience in software or system testing
· Experience with electrical systems, hydraulic systems or control systems
· Experience with product development projects and processes at the machine, system or sub-system level
· Experience in the field of surveying
· Knowledge of CAN or other data link communications
· Experience with CANalyzer or CANape
· Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude as well as manual dexterity to work in bench test and machine test environments.
The CTCT division
(a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning and control products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GPS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
66 days 10 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Positioning-centric information is changing the way people, businesses and governments work throughout the world. By applying Trimble's advanced positioning solutions, productivity increases and safety improvements are being realized.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Engineering Supervisor Flowline
- Chief Engineer Diesel
- Commerce Accounting Engineering Mechanical Marketing Banking
- Lead Engineer - Mechanical Process
- Control Design Engineer
View More Jobs in Ohio:
- View More Jobs in Ohio
- More Heavy Machinery Operator Test Engineer Jobs in Ohio
- More Engineering Jobs in OH, USA
- More Trimble Navigation Limited Jobs in Ohio