HSE RepresentativeOil States Industries, Inc - Oklahoma City, OK
Are you interested in a position that is challenging and innovative? Be part of what’s next!
Oil States Piper Valve, A Division of Oil States Industries, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high pressure compact ball valves for use primarily in the Oil and Gas Industry. As a Division of Oil States Industries, Inc. we are part of a growing organization that is a highly respected global designer and manufacturer of diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense and general industrial applications. Since our founding in 1942, we have been known as innovators - crossing new frontiers in all the markets we serve. We continue to pioneer products and solutions through application of our technologies across industry boundaries.
Oil States Piper Valve recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset and we offer employee programs that enrich and protect our employees. With new industry challenges, our employees will help Oil States Industries carry on its tradition of developing and providing technologically advanced products and solutions. Be part of what’s next!
Oil States Piper Valve is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of
HSE REPRESENTATIVE – OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
In our organization, the HSE Representative has a critical and challenging role in helping achieve innovation and meeting our commitments. The HSE Representative is responsible for promoting and providing support in the coordination of the Oil States Piper Valve Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) function to maximize the strategic use of HSE within the OSPV facility and in coordination with the Oil States Industries Corporate HSE philosophy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer, coordinate, and continually improve the HSE function.
• Supervise the completion of incident investigation, assist in preparation of root cause analysis, corrective action plans and final incident closeout reports.
• Conduct and document Hazard Identification and Assessment processes for the entire OSPV Campus and compile recommendations to eliminate or mitigate the hazards which may include process changes or the purchase of equipment.
• Maintain organizational compliance with applicable regulations and statutes as well as organizational policies and procedures.
• Maintain a positive relationship with the OSPV Management Group, as well as all other OSI HSE groups.
• Support and promote HSE initiatives.
• Conduct the OSPV HSE New Hire Orientation process as needed.
• Assist in emergency management during events that require implementation of the OSPV Emergency Action Plan.
• Maintain sensitive and confidential information with utmost privacy.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct and/or verify safety and environmental compliance through inspection, auditing, and recordkeeping.
• Coordinate and participate in safety inspections of the entire OSPV campus, including but not limited to assisting during the OSPV Management Team Inspections.
• Assist in the development of tools for maintaining compliance with HSE regulatory requirements.
• Assist with Injury Management of occupational injuries.
• Organize and actively participate in Safety Meetings, including participation as a member of the OSPV Employee Safety Committee.
• Assist in the development of annual HSE goals, objectives, and programs.
• Interact with OSPV Employees of all levels on a regular basis to enhance the safety culture.
• Coordinate and conduct OSPV HSE training courses as necessary.
• Coordinate and maintain electronic records of completed OSPV Employee Training programs to include but not limited to New Hire Training as well as Department specific training records.
• Complete safety, health, and environmental compliance tasks assigned.
• OSPV Plan Administrator for the Safety Shoes and Prescription Safety Glasses employee benefit plans.
• Place orders for specific safety related items as required.
• Effectively and efficiently use time to safely perform duties.
• Complete all paperwork in required manner and time frame.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn to use new procedures and embrace/ support organizational change.
• Follow and support established HSE programs.
• Work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
• All other duties or tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Good communication skills are required for internal and external customer relations.
• Strong working knowledge of accident prevention, root cause analysis, industrial hygiene, auditing, HSE management systems, Behavior Based Safety, JSA’s, First Aid/ CPR.
• Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations and their application in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Demonstrate ability to use and share best practices, break down barriers, seek opportunities, encourage learning and innovation, and leverage technology.
• Ability to teach and speak in front of audiences.
• Ability to coach managers and supervisors to be successful safety leaders.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects on a daily basis in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Ability to speak, write and read English.
• Able to work independently or as part of a team on a broad variety of projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Occupational Health and Safety or related field.
• Three years HSE experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) and/or Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST) certification preferred.
• Occasional Overnight Travel.
• Prolonged sitting, walking, and standing.
• Occasional climbing on ladder, scaffold, or stairs.
• Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds.
Be part of what’s next at Oil States Piper Valve
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
12 days 4 hours ago
applyHSE Representative Oil States Industries, Inc - Oklahoma City, OK, United States
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a subsidiary of Oil States International, Inc. and is located in multiple countries around the world. Oil States Industries operates in four market segments: Offshore Oil and Gas, Land Oil and Gas, Defense and General Industry. These four markets are serviced by Oil States' three divisions: the Offshore Construction Group, the Elastomer Group and the Marine Pipelines Group. Oil States is headquartered in Arlington, Texas, USA, with locations in 11 countries and more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We are a leading manufacturer of deepwater production products and subsea pipelines and pride ourselves in our innovative solutions for industry demands.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Northern Division Manager, HSE
Oklahoma City, OK
- OSES - Administrative Assistant II
Oklahoma City, OK
- Customer Service Representative - Inbound
Oklahoma City, OK
- OSES - Administrative Assistant II - United States
Oklahoma City, OK
View More Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK:
- View More Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
- More HSE Representative Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
- More Oil States Industries, Inc Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
View More Jobs in Oklahoma:
- View More Jobs in Oklahoma
- More HSE Representative Jobs in Oklahoma
- More Oil States Industries, Inc Jobs in Oklahoma