Global Account ExecutiveBenchmark Electronics - Scottsdale, AZ
Global Account Executive
Job ID(Requisition ID):3463
As key members of the Benchmark Team, Benchmark is looking for a Global Account Executive who will be responsible for strategic account relationships and oversee all opportunities and programs for them. This strategic account represent hi-growth hi-value for the A & D business sectors but as opportunity arises and it fits the other Benchmark Sectors of Semiconductor, Medical Device, Test & Measurement, Life Sciences & Diagnostics, Environmental, and Industrial Technologies. The role will be reporting directly to the Vice President of A & D Sector and is responsible for developing, deepening and broadening customer relationships to drive new business opportunities and new bookings per year within their assigned strategic accounts. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable with hands-on, C-level relationships in a multi-dimensional, high growth sector development leadership role. Benchmark brings strong leadership capability into a competitive marketplace and is looking for a passionate and creative well-balanced leader who will thrive in this fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The dynamic nature of Benchmarks business demands this person have the flexibility to both drive and adapt to change, push their own personal and professional limits, and possess the character to stand in the face of uncertainty, and the judgment and experience to know which course to pursue. Global Account Executive will have the opportunity and challenge of supporting growth of a state-of-the-art Electronics Technology solutions business targeting the sweet spot of the markets they serve. Benchmarks growth is expected to dramatically outpace the industry. As an individuals experience with Benchmark grows over time, so will their role and responsibility. A Global Account Executive works cross-functionally with Benchmark executives, peers, and subordinates daily to ideate, support, implement and guide overall company evolution and growth.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Currently in a Senior Sales, Business Development, or Senior Operations leadership role responsible for $30-$50M or more in business development with a track record of driving above industry average revenue and margin growth, the ideal candidate possesses 10 years of progressively advancing Business Development, Account Management and/or client centric Operations experience working with large Electronics/OEMs on one of the following industry segments: Semiconductor, Medical Device, Test & Measurement, Life Sciences & Diagnostics, Environmental, and Industrial Technologies.
- Candidate possesses relevant Aerospace and Development experience along with Electronics/OEMs domain knowledge ideally with international experience.
- Any experience working in the EMS industry is highly advantageous to include familiarity with EMS solutions spanning concept development, industrial design, manufacturing, supply chain/logistics, services support and reverse logistics.
- Candidate possesses experience with service model selling, and is capable of developing comprehensive design and manufacturing services within strategic accounts.
- Candidate possesses a demonstrated ability to personally develop, qualify, and close large politically complex business solution opportunities at large clients. This individual must have demonstrated a consistent and proven ability to function exceptionally in all phases of sales and delivery (e.g., opportunity identification and qualification, engagement scoping and management, client relationship management, closing).
- Has demonstrated a strong ability to develop and maintain C-level executive relationships across a clients organization; able to build and position compelling customer specific value propositions at each of the levels targeted within an account hierarchy, must be able to map out the various players in the politically complex accounts while defining your specific approach/strategy to building business relationships up/down/across targeted account organizations.
- Able to profitably and synergistically leverage employers company-wide key differentiators to include technology, unique manufacturing capability, and other value added capability to build and position customer specific compelling value propositions versus simply attempting to differentiate based on being a low cost supplier.
- Possessing the ability to think and plan strategically, this individual also has the ability to execute tactically, concurrently manage multiple customers and complex priorities within demanding timeframes, and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives. Possesses excellent organizational, time management, team building, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable about relevant market dynamics, customer base, and competitive environment.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The synergy of Benchmarks portfolio of capability has created a huge opportunity in multiple hi-growth hi-value business sectors. Benchmark Electronics is uniquely positioned to drive from their unique market leadership position and achieve dramatic growth in the markets they serve. Upon arriving at Benchmark, the Global Account Executive will be expected to draw on personal experience to quickly assess ongoing activities, as well as plan and implement a customer centric profit driven executable growth strategies for their assigned strategic accounts. The essential Global Account Executive measurements, duties and responsibilities for the role include:
- Strategic: - Understanding and awareness of customer politics - Finding a way to leverage engineering as a lead strategy - Translating customer roadmap to Benchmark strategies - Promoting the could do vs. is-doing - Being perceived as the customers champion - Developing the Go-to persona for Product Development - Understanding the customers business model - Recognizing when customers business model is changing - Monetizing customer pain points via Benchmark solutions - Being an expert in the customers industry - Creating Benchmark demand conventionally and beyond - Flying above site operations and developing C-suite trusted advisor relationships
- Tactical: - Operationalizing executive relationships, C-Level and across executive level - Organizing annual executive summits - Mapping the customers organization against Benchmarks - Establishing presence across multi-divisions - Securing advance knowledge of all RFQs & opportunities - Penetrating Engineering and R & D organizations - Positioning Benchmark beyond EMS - Leveraging Benchmark as alliance partner beyond current book - Seeking long term agreements - Driving needed solutions back through Benchmark operations - Establishing an Exec. counterpart - a Key Alliance Manager
- Measurements: - Level of relationships in customers C-suite - Level of relationships in R & D suite - Achieve $30 - $50 million in bookings per year, and growth the account to $100M and above - Maintain a pipeline 3X of the booking Goal, and a win rate of 40% and above Supporting measures - Completion of the overarching Customer Account plans along with Engagement plan - # of Executive meetings /yr. - # of & quality of white-boarding sessions / yr. - # of new opportunities quoted /yr. or total Pipeline - $s of new programs secured per year as a % of spend - # of Benchmarks sites represented across the account
- Experienced working as part of collaborative senior Operations and Business Development teams, this individual is able to interface and garner support from company resources productively and collaboratively across their organization and across the overall employers company; is adept at directly developing trusted advisor relationships with customers.
- Experienced defining, setting and leading the execution of strategic account specific business development plans to achieve quarterly and annual employer financial objectives.
Possesses a Bachelors degree in engineering, sciences or business; MBA
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Yes < 50%
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
17 days 1 hour ago
applyGlobal Account Executive Benchmark Electronics - Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Benchmark Electronics, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides integrated electronic manufacturing services in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. The company provides engineering solutions, including new product design, prototype, test, and related engineering solutions; and custom test, and automation equipment design and build solutions. It also offers manufacturing and fulfillment solutions, including printed circuit board assembly, assembly of subsystems, circuitry and functionality testing of printed assemblies, environmental and stress testing, and component reliability testing; flex circuit assembly and test solutions; and systems assembly and test solutions, as well as environmental stress tests of assemblies of boards or systems. Additionally, the company offers electronics manufacturing services to communications, defense and aerospace, industrial, medical, and computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) markets. It serves OEMs of computers and related products for business enterprises, medical devices, industrial control equipment, testing and instrumentation products, and telecommunication equipment. Benchmark Electronics sells its products directly, as well as through independent marketing representatives. The company was formerly known as Electronics, Inc. Benchmark Electronics, Inc. was founded in 1979 and is based in Angleton, Texas.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Brand Integration Account Executive
- Account Executive Sales Manager
- Account Executive II - Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Sales Executive RRD Marketing Solutions
- Account Executive - Online Marketing
View More Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ:
- View More Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Global Account Executive Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Sales Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Engineering Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Benchmark Electronics Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
View More Jobs in Arizona:
- View More Jobs in Arizona
- More Global Account Executive Jobs in Arizona
- More Sales Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Engineering Jobs in Scottsdale, AZ
- More Benchmark Electronics Jobs in Arizona