FlipChip Packaging Assembly Product ManagerAmkor Technology - Tempe, AZ
Amkor is currently looking to fill a Product Management position for the Advanced fcCSP Packaging Assembly Business Unit in Tempe, AZ. The primary functions of this position are to support all aspects of assuring new products are developed and launched within strict customer specifications and timelines, with a high level focus on manufacturability and cost. This position includes cross functional management and direct customer interactions for new product development, qualification and mass production of advanced flip-chip products (fcCSP, fine bump pitch fcCSP, fcPoP, hybrid stacked fcCSP, etc).
Duties include: Daily application of detailed knowledge of Semiconductor packaging assembly and substrate technologies across many concurrent development / NPI programs. Driving customer requirements and timelines to multiple SEA factories. Deep diving into root cause failure analysis and clearing obstacles with product design, reliability, and manufacturability issues. Performing and analyzing detailed cost modeling for providing product level assembly pricing. Chosen candidate will be responsible for driving cost reductions and increased revenues within assigned customer base.
This role combines deep technical knowledge, project management, strategic planning, tactical execution, customer satisfaction control, business sense, and negotiation skill. The chosen individual will need to help define and concurrently manage ownership of multiple programs, from both business and technical sides.
• Promote Amkor package technologies directly to new and existing customers to find potential applications, deploying the flip chip package portfolio with key customers to gain business.
• Work closely with customer teams to understand the assembly, reliability and scheduling requirements for various new package configurations and product introductions. To include: substrate design, silicon to package interconnects, product assembly material selections, and manufacturing process requirements.
• Create detailed package/process risk assessments for the manufacturability and reliability of NPIs, including highlighting areas of customer requirements that drive cost and implementing mitigation plans to control them.
• Work closely with customer package engineering and Amkor factory engineering to understand/characterize prototype build plans; enabling successful qualifications and robust, on-time manufacturing production ramps. This will include assisting the team in designing experiments, analyzing factory build data, supporting root cause failure analysis investigation, and managing corrective action pathways to resolution.
• Create and maintain detailed cost analysis on package types, process flows, and customer product RFQs as well as provide detailed pricing inputs to Management and Sales on customer package engineering programs.
• Work with Amkor advanced product development teams on the transfer of new packaging technologies to production. This will include supporting cost analysis, CapEx requirements, manufacturability assessments, and program management through final qualification and initial production ramp.
• Work within the team to foster the development of product roadmaps, marketing strategies and business plans for continued growth in both existing and emerging markets.
• This position requires at least a Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering field (Mechanical, Chemical, Materials, Electrical engineering) and 5 years of experience in the semiconductor industry.
• Exhibit extremely organized technical Project Management experience (preferably, involving off-shore factories) and the ability to multiplex across numerous programs and teams is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a heavily matrixed organization. Needs to be self-driven and very motivated to adapt and overcome obstacles across a multi-faceted job role. Assuming ownership of program success is a must.
• Solid knowledge of semiconductor packaging design, materials, substrates, manufacturing methods and various flip-chip package form factors.
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Frequent face to face and teleconference technical presentations to customers is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) is required.
• This position requires approximately 15% domestic and 15% international travel.
• Hands on manufacturing / technical experience is a big plus.
• PMP certified project management also a plus.
• Experience with cost modeling, pricing, quoting activities and products would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of material and package characterization data analysis, reliability test methods and qualification procedures is desired.
• Experience / knowledge of flip chip packaging failure analysis methods is desired.
• Familiarity with Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control (JMP) is a plus.
10 days 7 hours ago
applyFlipChip Packaging Assembly Product Manager Amkor Technology - Tempe, AZ, United States
Amkor is one of the world’s largest providers of contract semiconductor assembly and test services. Founded in 1968, Amkor pioneered the outsourcing of IC assembly and test and is now a strategic manufacturing partner for more than 300 of the world’s leading semiconductor companies and electronics OEMs. Amkor’s operational base encompasses more than 6 million square feet of floor space with production facilities, product development centers and sales & support offices located in key electronics manufacturing regions in Asia, Europe and the United States.
View More Jobs in Tempe, AZ:
- View More Jobs in Tempe, AZ
- More FlipChip Packaging Assembly Product Manager Jobs in Tempe, AZ
- More Engineering Jobs in Tempe, AZ
- More Amkor Technology Jobs in Tempe, AZ
View More Jobs in Arizona:
- View More Jobs in Arizona
- More FlipChip Packaging Assembly Product Manager Jobs in Arizona
- More Engineering Jobs in Tempe, AZ
- More Amkor Technology Jobs in Arizona