Fleet Equipment Mechanic - Ft Wayne and Peru (2 positions)NiSource - Fort Wayne, IN
FLEET EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
Inspect, repair, overhaul, adjust, and maintain all types of transportation and construction fleet equipment in accordance with Company and manufacturers practices and procedures. Perform duties such as, but not limited to:
1. Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with Company procedures and schedules.
2. Diagnose, repair, and maintain various types of fleet equipment systems and components:
a. Electrical/electronic systems such as: starting/charging, computer controlled, and lighting/instrumentation systems.
b. Brake systems such as: air, electric, hydraulic, anti-lock, and emergency systems.
c. Hydraulic systems and components.
d. Fuel delivery systems such as: gasoline, diesel, and natural gas.
e. Engines, transmissions, differentials, and related power train components.
f. Cooling, heating, and air conditioning systems.
g. Steering and suspension components.
3. Operate test equipment such as but not limited to: alternator-battery tester, engine analyzer, computer scan tool, multimeter, flow meter, and pressure gauge.
4. Perform routine and emergency maintenance and repairs in the field. Tow equipment as necessary.
5. Perform acetylene and electric welding for cutting, heating, burning, welding, and brazing operations.
6. Perform body, fender, panel repairs, and painting.
7. Operates equipment as required for testing, inspecting, and transporting.
8. Take reasonable care of Company tools and equipment that are assigned to him during working hours.
9. Keep assigned equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
10. Report irregularities and abnormal conditions.
11. Direct and instruct employees assigned to work with him.
12. Assist in the training of other employees.
13. Perform similar or less skilled work in this classification or, when the diversity of workload requires, perform similar or less skilled work in equal or lower classifications.
14. Perform duties in accordance with the Company's safety rules and operating regulations and practices.
15. Complete any reports and forms used in connection with the performance of duties.
1. High school education or the equivalent.
2. Perform, instruct, direct, and advise others in the performance of all types of Fleet Equipment Mechanic work.
3. Must possess valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with endorsements as required.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at careers.nisource.com
on or before 1/22/18!
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
5 days 1 hour ago
applyFleet Equipment Mechanic - Ft Wayne and Peru (2 positions) NiSource - Fort Wayne, IN, United States
At NiSource (NYSE: NI), our aspiration is to be America’s premier regulated energy company, providing customer-focused energy solutions, investment-driven growth opportunities, and sustainable value for our customers, investors and employees. Underpinning this effort is our unwavering commitment to top-tier safety and reliability, collaborative stakeholder relationships, inclusive and engaging work environments, strong governance and transparency, and forward-looking environmental practices and stewardship.
View More Jobs in Fort Wayne, IN:
- View More Jobs in Fort Wayne, IN
- More Fleet Equipment Mechanic Ft Wayne and Peru (2 positions) Jobs in Fort Wayne, IN
- More Trucking Jobs in Fort Wayne, IN
- More NiSource Jobs in Fort Wayne, IN
View More Jobs in Indiana:
- View More Jobs in Indiana
- More Fleet Equipment Mechanic Ft Wayne and Peru (2 positions) Jobs in Indiana
- More Trucking Jobs in Fort Wayne, IN
- More NiSource Jobs in Indiana