Firefighter TraineeChevron Corporation - El Segundo, CA
El Segundo, CA California, US, United States
6 hours ago
Expires 06 Jun 2018
Firefighter Trainee in El Segundo, CA California, US, United States
El Segundo, CA California, US, United States | N/A | Permanent
Chevron is one of the worlds leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Firefighter Trainee located in El Segundo, CA through May 13, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The firefighter position is a member of the professional Industrial Emergency Response Organization responsible for providing emergency medical services, hazardous materials response, confined space rescue services, fire prevention and suppression services for the Chevron El Segundo refinery. Under general supervision, job responsibilities include but are not limited to maintenance of fire apparatus, inspection of fire suppression systems and equipment, general hot work and confined space permitting, fights fires; mitigates hazardous materials emergencies; performs medical, rescue work, other non-fire emergency response work; participates in fire prevention inspections, station maintenance, training activities and performs the duties of an EMT1-BASIC. The successful candidate must be able to function under high pressure and stressful situations and be self-motivated.
Key job duties and responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Responds and assists in mitigating petroleum and structural fires and participates in fire extinguishment, ventilation, salvage, rescue, and other operations; operates various firefighting/control equipment such as pumps, hoses, ladders, and extinguishers; lays hose lines and directs water streams onto fires.
- Provides emergency medical aid to individuals in need of such care; depending on qualifications, provides care consistent with standards and permitted procedures established for emergency medical treatment.
- Inspects, cleans, services, drives and operates various firefighting equipment and apparatus; performs routine and preventative maintenance on equipment as necessary; assists in maintaining clean and orderly conditions in and about the fire station and training facility.
- Attends and participates in special drills and other training activities; may perform duties of a Fire Engineer in a training or relief capacity.
- Conducts inspections of public and commercial buildings for fire prevention and target hazard identification and review.
- May participate in special projects, develop and/or conduct training, and perform work assignments while serving on various committees; responds as required when called in from off-duty.
- When performing EMT1-BASIC duties responds to and may direct others at medical emergencies; treats patients; administers lifesaving/support techniques and systems; communicates with medical personnel regarding patient and/or procedural status; prepares related reports; inspects and maintains specialized equipment and supplies related to EMT1-BASIC activity.
- Environmental functions with an emphasis on awareness and prevention.
- Responds to hazardous material releases, confined space and high angled rescues, medical aids and traumatic emergencies.
- This position requires driving on a routine basis.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class C Driver License
- Minimum of 3 years Emergency Service or Firefighter experience
- Must be able to obtain a CA Firefighters Endorsement License within the first year of employment
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card within the first year of employment.
- Must be able to obtain California EMT license within the first year of employment
- Must be able to obtain California State Fire Marshal Certificate of Completion from a Firefighter 1 accredited academy within the first year of employment
- Able to obtain a State of California Hazardous Material Technician Certificate.
- Ability to pass Fit for Duty evaluation.
- Excels in strong organizational skills. Ability to take work direction and establish priorities in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work within the para military structure of the fire department chain of command.
- Ability to work within a confined space as an operational rescue technician.
- Working knowledge of fire safety laws and ordinances; basic fire prevention and suppression techniques and practices.
- Ability to learn and
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
11 days 20 hours ago
applyFirefighter Trainee Chevron Corporation - El Segundo, CA, United States
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way—by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We are involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power and produce geothermal energy; provide renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and develop the energy resources of the future, including research into advanced biofuels.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Firefighter Trainee
El Segundo, CA
View More Jobs in El Segundo, CA:
- View More Jobs in El Segundo, CA
- More Firefighter Trainee Jobs in El Segundo, CA
- More Chevron Corporation Jobs in El Segundo, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Firefighter Trainee Jobs in California
- More Chevron Corporation Jobs in California