Fire Alarm DesignerJohnson Controls, Inc. - Pawtucket, RI
Fire Alarm Designer
What you will do
The primary role of the Fire Alarm Designer is to design fire alarm systems for Johnson Controls projects. Acting as a design lead on large complex multi-faceted projects and directing other members of the design team supporting these projects
How you will do it
- Organizes and plans own workload, helps to direct workload of less experienced design team members, and additionally works with other design teams when required.
- Facilitates reviews of initial designs of medium complexity to provide value engineered/code compliant solutions where required.
- Coordinates with CAD Support Technicians to prepare fully detailed technical submissions with complete detailed schematics and drawings to meet design criteria.
- Oversees CAD Support Technicians in the preparation of project submissions for medium complexity systems including: system operation, drawings, and calculations.
- Completes detailed calculations to verify system design meets code and standard requirements.
- Participates in pre/post project design meeting and attends customer/site coordination meetings, as applicable.
- Develops bill of materials to facilitate construction.
- Examines completed submissions in conjunction with CAD Support Technician for equipment application, equipment compatibility, and compliance with specifications and scope.
- Provides support to Project Managers when orders have been received to assist in maintaining and/or improving project margins.
What we look for
A Minimum of 7 years experience in design of Fire and Security systems.
NICET Certification of Minimum Level II
Experience in Fire Alarm, Security, Nurse Call, CCTV and/or Construction Industry. High school degree or equivalent required.
Demonstrated ability in drafting/CAD, computer skills estimating/pricing, and project management.
Proficient in reading and understanding architectural and electrical diagrams
Knowledge of multiple electronic building systems.
Advanced understanding of mechanical systems and their interface to fire alarm systems.
Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Office Suite including, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Adobe
Effective written and oral communications
Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
Ability to work a full-time schedule
Available for local travel
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Drafting (AutoCad) preferred, Or equivalent field experience.
- NICET Level III preferred, Or the ability and experience to obtain.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit *****************************************
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
11 days 21 hours ago
applyFire Alarm Designer Johnson Controls, Inc. - Pawtucket, RI, United States
Johnson Controls, Inc. is engaged in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Its Building Efficiency segment designs, produces, markets, and installs integrated heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as building management systems, controls, and security and mechanical equipment. This segment also provides technical services, energy management consulting, and operations of real estate portfolios for the non-residential buildings market. In addition, this segment offers residential air conditioning and heating systems, and industrial refrigeration products. The companys Automotive Experience segment designs and manufactures interior products and systems for passenger cars and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles serving original equipment manufacturers. This segment offers seating systems and components; cockpit systems consisting of instrument panels and clusters, information displays, and body controllers; overhead systems, such as headliners and electronic convenience features; floor consoles; and door systems. The companys Power Solutions segment produces lead-acid automotive batteries, as well as offers absorbent glass mat and lithium-ion battery technologies for hybrid and electric vehicles. It serves automotive original equipment manufacturers and the general vehicle battery aftermarket. The company was formerly known as Johnson Electric Service Company and changed its name to Johnson Controls, Inc. in 1974. Johnson Controls, Inc. was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Fire Alarm Designer
- Mobile Building Engineer Attleboro, MA
- Building Engineer East Walpole, MA 3rd Shift
East Walpole, MA
- Building Engineer
East Walpole, MA
View More Jobs in Pawtucket, RI:
- View More Jobs in Pawtucket, RI
- More Fire Alarm Designer Jobs in Pawtucket, RI
- More Engineering Jobs in Pawtucket, RI
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Pawtucket, RI
View More Jobs in Rhode Island:
- View More Jobs in Rhode Island
- More Fire Alarm Designer Jobs in Rhode Island
- More Engineering Jobs in Pawtucket, RI
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Rhode Island