Fios TechnicianVerizon Communications Inc. - Herndon, VA
Salary Information Weekly Rate: $614.50 - $1483.00
Now is your chance to be a part of the one of a kind Fios Technician team. Theyre the people who keep our fiber-optic network performing with 99.9% reliability. Not only does this opportunity provide a chance to develop your skills and gain experience in the real world, you will also be delivered a phenomenal face to face training program that ensures the learning experience is built for you. Youll be out and about in the neighborhoods we serve, installing, testing, repairing and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of customers connected. The incredible VTeam culture provides a collaborative and dedicated environment to focus on delivering the promise of the digital world. Join our team to make a difference, because when all is said and done, better matters.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives work assignments and trouble cases from designated employees or via tablets.
- Installing, rearranging, and maintaining inside wiring.
- Rearranging and reconnecting fiber optic wiring at pole, underground or building terminals.
- Performing necessary work to connect, disconnect, test, repair and maintain various types of company and customer provided telephones and equipment.
- Configuring customers computer and equipment.
- Performing diagnostic tests on integrated circuit equipment to determine trouble.
- Interpreting service orders and circuit diagrams.
- Evaluating customer communication needs and promoting the sale of Company products and services, and referring customers to the appropriate office.
- Communicating frequently with customers on matters dealing with service, planning, billing, and Company policy.
- Works aloft; climb ladders and poles; enter tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces, manholes, and other confined spaces to accomplish job tasks.
- May perform light digging.
- May be required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- May work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Normally works and travels alone between work locations by driving Company vehicles with little or no direct supervision.
- Responsible for arranging work load and dealing directly with the appropriate center.
- Identifying and meeting individual customer requirements on installation and/or repair contacts.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Must meet Verizon medical standards for the job. Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors. Must meet weight restriction to comply with OSHA/Company safety standards.
- Ability to move and/or lift items such as ladders, tools, cable, test equipment and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must meet applicable federal and state standards for operating the size vehicles covered by this job title.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers.
- Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. May be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business necessitate.
- A valid state drivers license is required satisfactory driving record. Must have ability to drive company vehicle and read and interpret road maps.
- Associates/Bachelors degree and/or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 1 years installing Cable TV, Data, Internet, and/or Satellite TV.
- 1 years Fiber/Copper I & M Telecom Experience
- Customer service experience within the last 3 years
Hours of Operation: 7 days a week, 7:30am - 7:30pm. Shifts vary based on seniority. Must be able to work overtime based on the needs of the business.
*Must pass all critical training/skills which includes but not limited to Pole Climbing and Fios Training
**Required training may require extended, over-night travel
Verizon Job Fit Test B
Field Operations Assessment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
6 days 8 hours ago
applyFios Technician Verizon Communications Inc. - Herndon, VA, United States
Verizon Communications Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. Its Wireless segment offers access to various wireless voice and data services comprising Internet access through smart phones and basic phones, and notebook computers and tablets; messaging services to send and receive text, picture, and video messages; and consumer and business focused multimedia applications under the Verizon Wireless brand. This segment also provides location-based services; global data services; HomeFusion Broadband, a high-speed Internet service for homes; other connection-related services, such as network access and value added services to support telemetry-type applications; and machine-to-machine services that support devices used in healthcare, manufacturing, utilities, distribution, and consumer products markets, as well as sells smart phones and basic phones, tablets, and other Internet access devices. As of February 24, 2014, it served 103 million retail customers. The companys Wireline segment offers video services over its fiber-optic network; data Services comprising high-speed Internet and FiOS broadband data products, as well as local exchange capacity, managed, mobility, and security services; voice services, such as local exchange, regional, long distance, wire maintenance, and voice messaging services, as well as VoIP, and landline and wireless services; and local dial tone and broadband services to local, long distance, and other carriers. This segment also provides networking products and solutions, such as private Internet protocol services, and Ethernet access and ring services; and infrastructure and cloud services. The company was formerly known as Bell Atlantic Corporation and changed its name to Verizon Communications Inc. in June 2000. Verizon Communications Inc. was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Fios Technician
- Fios Technician
Falls Church, VA
- Fios Technician
- Public Relations Manager
View More Jobs in Herndon, VA:
- View More Jobs in Herndon, VA
- More Fios Technician Jobs in Herndon, VA
- More Verizon Communications Inc. Jobs in Herndon, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Fios Technician Jobs in Virginia
- More Verizon Communications Inc. Jobs in Virginia