Financial Business AnalystTower International - Chicago, IL
Provide leadership and financial and business analysis to the finance team and support departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction. This colleague will be the accounting lead for the plant on all financial issues, with an emphasis on proactive engagement with the leadership team.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a senior level position, which represents the attainment of specialized knowledge in breadth and depth. Understands advanced concepts within professional discipline. Applies knowledge and experience to complex situations. Recommends solutions to complex issues. Performs independently and uses experience to guide actions. Mentors less experienced colleagues.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support the departmental goals.
- Responsible for review and modification of internal control, budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis and business practices and processes to ensure operational integrity.
- Recommends systems process improvements and implements changes.
- Leads projects and team assignments for general accounting and financial analysis activities in the plant.
- Collects and analyzes plant, product and process results and statistics.
- Determines alternatives and prepares cost, income or other projections for comparison.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements/documents for approval.
- Responsible for preparation, review and maintenance of capital expenditure requests (CERs).
- Responsible for Weekly Flash and Monthly Forecast reporting-offal forecast, P&L account forecast.
- Provides information for customer pricing issues and may be involved in customer meetings seeking resolution of the issues.
- Responsible for fixed asset and depreciated work.
- Financial responsibility for prototypes and work in process (WIP) tooling, coordinate costs and billings with corporate and all related month end journal entries.
- Responsible for new program financial support.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and weekly and monthly forecasting.
- Responsible for accounts receivable review of past due issues, approving memos of customer reductions, EDI issues and supports Corporate A/R and Treasury in cash application.
- Backup to Controller for labor, scrap and MRO spending; cash in advance approvals (CIA) and other approvals as necessary.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by Plant Manager, Controller or Corporate.
- Responsible for training and coaching other finance colleagues.
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registration (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001, Pentastar, etc.)
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals.
- Direct and/or participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities (ex. 8D reports, department meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws. Assists with the creation of acceptable standards in Finance.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures etc.)
Reports directly to the Controller. Interfaces on a frequent basis with the Operations, Materials, Quality, Plant & Corporate Finance Departments. Also interfaces on an as needed basis with Human Resources, Information Technologies and Maintenance. May interface with Customers and Suppliers.
- Provides direct leadership to the Accounting/Finance staff.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Finance or Accounting, Master''s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in related financial, operational or business analysis.
- Certified Public Account and/or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial systems, manufacturing systems, general ledger, standardized cost accounting, along with budgeting and forecasting is required.
- Hands on experience in audit procedures and processes, financial reporting, accounting and variance analysis and continuous improvements is also critical.
- Fluency with QAD (or similar integrated manufacturing system).
- Knowledge of Hyperion a plus.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach effective problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
17 days 1 hour ago
applyFinancial Business Analyst Tower International - Chicago, IL, United States
Tower International is a leading integrated global manufacturer of engineered structural metal components and assemblies. The company supplies the automotive industry with body-structure stampings, frames and other chassis structures, as well as complex welded assemblies for small and large cars, crossovers, pickups and SUVs. We are well diversified geographically, which positions us to participate in growth opportunities as they occur over time around the world and mitigates the impact of regional production fluctuations on our business.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Financial Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst – Global Tax Systems
- Strategic Business Analyst – Tax Application Portfolio
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Vice President - Financial Advisory Services ( Transaction A...
- Senior Staff Accountant
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Financial Business Analyst Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Accounting Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Tower International Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Financial Business Analyst Jobs in Illinois
- More Accounting Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Tower International Jobs in Illinois