Financial Analyst IVFannie Mae - Reston, VA
Financial Analyst IV','51918','!*!THE COMPANYAre you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progressJOB INFORMATIONExamine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
Lead or consult on month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to track trends. May consolidate work done by other analysts into final tables or report.
Develop/prepare/continually improve quarterly forecast process for particular business unit, product line, client group or market segment. Report monthly actual performance against forecast and develop analysis for variances.
Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users within the company, including the data validation. Coordinate the development of data files, the validation in the acceptance phase, and the migration of the data requirements to the production.
Play technical or project lead role on specific analytical project; provide guidance to less senior analysts; may provide input to developing business requirements for applications needed to accomplish specific analytical or reporting objective. ','!*!
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred.
6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• 5 years of progressive finance experience.
• 5 years of project support focus.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience in driving ad-hoc financial modeling and operational analysis.
• Experience in working in a Consulting or Finance capacity (preferred).
• Provides reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating data for Production Management. Our team is a small, agile, well-functioning that is highly motivated to help transform the environment, leveraging data and analytics to make informed, strategic business decisions.
• Prior knowledge of technology business line functions to properly align financial models used to assess the impact of financial stability based on daily business changes and decisions. Additionally, assess the impact of change on capacity planning.
• Experience in developing business impacts, assumptions, and constraints.
• Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and to initiate and champion change.
• Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable at interacting with and communicating with senior level management.
EMPLOYMENTAs a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.','Associate','Associate','Finance','VA-Reston','','PSS Admin and Special Projects','Full-time','','Standard','','Regular','','No','No','2-Mid Level (4-7 Years)','2-Mid Level (4-7 Years)','Financial Analyst IV
18 days 3 hours ago
applyFinancial Analyst IV Fannie Mae - Reston, VA, United States
We serve the people who house America. We are a leading source of financing for mortgage lenders, providing access to affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times. Our financing makes sustainable homeownership and workforce rental housing a reality for millions of Americans. We listen to our customers and partners to understand their needs, putting them at the center of everything we do. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver innovative, smart solutions to help our customers succeed. We also help make possible the popular 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage, which provides homeowners with stable, predictable mortgage payments over the life of the loan. Our tools and resources help homebuyers, homeowners, and renters understand their housing options. - See more at: http://www.fanniemae.com/portal/about-fm/who-we-are.html#sthash.TXyFv9xs.dpuf
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Cash Management Manager
- Budget Analyst IV
- Budget Analyst IV - Fort Belvoir
Fort Belvoir, VA
- Budget Analyst
View More Jobs in Reston, VA:
- View More Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Financial Analyst IV Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Accounting Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Fannie Mae Jobs in Reston, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Financial Analyst IV Jobs in Virginia
- More Accounting Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Fannie Mae Jobs in Virginia