Finance & Accounting AnalystAmerican International Group, Inc. - Charlotte, NC
Apply with LinkedIn
Corporate Systems at American International Group (AIG) is a team of technology savvy professionals who are empowered to think beyond the status quo. We strive to develop best-in-class solutions that enable our business partners to realize their objectives. We are agile, responsive, collaborative, transparent, open to challenge, and relentless in our execution.
Utilizing big data, predictive analytics, visualizations, and other leading tools/platforms to create solutions, we are proud to fuel innovation for our business to drive AIG’s strategic technology priority programs. We are a team for people who want to synergize cutting-edge technology and strategic know-how to create business solutions for today and for the future.
For nearly one hundred years, our organization has faced and managed complex risks; and provided the expertise and financial strength that empowers 90 million clients in more than 100 countries. Our success means building a brighter tomorrow for everyone.
What will you do today to meet the future head-on? Are you energized by the opportunity to do great things? Are you ready to bring on tomorrow?
As an integral member of the Corporate Systems group in the Information Technology organization at AIG, the Finance and Accounting Analyst is responsible for assisting with departmental budgets, forecasts, and reporting. You will provide accurate financial information to assist leadership in making well informed decisions regarding departmental finances. You will create information as input to the monthly reports to track progress, and review reports to ensure proper overall financial movements by department and by sub-department (budget, forecasts and allocations). You will improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring/tracking and reporting monthly variances and allocations.
• Assist in building annual budget working with internal leadership by organizational unit/sub unit/cost center.
• Provide and maintain reporting templates to track costs and ensure they align with budget/forecast; look for levers to improve efficiency and data analytics.
• Create and distribute monthly reporting packages to stakeholders as requested.
• Monitor, track and report monthly results and root cause material variances.
• Calculate monthly allocations and charge back department’s costs to business stakeholders served by the department. Provide clear documentation on allocation methodology to internal leadership and business stakeholders to justify chargeback model, and provide monthly information regarding current and year to date charges.
• Interact with core AIG finance for submissions execution, discovery and documenting of finances across the department.
• Assist with total cost of ownership (TCO) exercises to identify areas of expense reduction.
• Support expense reduction initiatives by providing requested data on a timely basis. Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested.
• Establish and enforce policies and procedures; explaining processes and techniques
• Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
• Maintain database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
• Increase productivity by automating processes and coordinating and centralizing information requirements.
• Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintain financial industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
• Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
• Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions based on sound analysis. Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
• Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
• Respond to ad-hoc projects related requests for financial planning and budgets.
• Support Corporate AIG finance initiatives as needed.
• Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
• Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.
• 1-4 years of financial analysis experience.
• Proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel and PowerPoint skills. Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, and financial software applications.
• Proven knowledge of debits/credits, allocations, and capital analysis.
• SAP BPC knowledge a plus.
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast-paced environment.
• Professionalism and high level of discretion is required
• Desire to learn new skills, applications, etc.
7 days 14 hours ago
applyFinance & Accounting Analyst American International Group, Inc. - Charlotte, NC, United States
American International Group, Inc. provides insurance products and services for the commercial, institutional, and individual customers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments: AIG Property Casualty, and AIG Life and Retirement. The AIG Property Casualty segment offers casualty insurance products that cover general liability, commercial automobile liability, workers' compensation, excess casualty, and crisis management insurance; industrial energy-related and commercial property insurance products, which cover exposures to man-made and natural disasters; aerospace, environmental, political risk, trade credit, surety and marine insurance products for small and medium sized enterprises; and various forms of professional liability insurance products. It also provides personal accidental and supplemental health products for individuals, employees, associations, and other organizations; and life products, as well as a range of travel insurance products and services for leisure and business travelers. This segment distributes its insurance products and services through brokers, agents, and direct marketing and partner organizations, as well as the Internet. The AIG Life and Retirement segment offers a suite of products and services to individuals and groups, including term life insurance, universal life insurance, accident and health insurance, fixed and variable group annuities, administrative and compliance services, mutual funds, and financial planning. This segment distributes its products through banks, broker-dealers, financial advisors, independent marketing organizations, insurance agents, structured settlement brokers, benefit consultants, and direct-to-consumer platforms. The company also provides private residential mortgage guaranty insurance and direct investment book services; and derivatives intermediary services. American International Group, Inc. was founded in 1919 and is based in New York, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Tax Analyst - International Income Tax
- Advisory Services Experienced Staff - Risk Assurance
- Sr Credit Underwriter
- Senior Project Manager, Credit Card Learning & Open/Paym...
- Interm Fin Analyst - Fin Bus Sup - Cap Mrks
View More Jobs in Charlotte, NC:
- View More Jobs in Charlotte, NC
- More Finance Accounting Analyst Jobs in Charlotte, NC
- More Accounting Jobs in Charlotte, NC
- More Insurance Jobs in Charlotte, NC
- More American International Group, Inc. Jobs in Charlotte, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Finance Accounting Analyst Jobs in North Carolina
- More Accounting Jobs in Charlotte, NC
- More Insurance Jobs in Charlotte, NC
- More American International Group, Inc. Jobs in North Carolina