Field OrganizerElevate Energy - Chicago, IL
The Field Organizer will work on local grassroots community projects and assist with strategies for educating and engaging individuals on saving both money and energy. This may include providing general awareness of new technologies associated with the “smart grid,” as well as helping customers enroll in programs sponsored by Elevate Energy, utilities, or third parties that help them reduce their energy bills and environmental impact.
We seek committed, professional, and highly skilled candidates to act as front line ambassadors in the communities that we serve. Field Organizer will be assigned a designated geography in Chicago and the surrounding area and be accountable for achieving a metrics-driven outreach and organizing plan.
The Field Organizer reports directly to the Senior Manager of Community Projects. The position will work closely with Elevate Energy’s Communications and Outreach team to coordinate messaging across programs and must be well versed in the range of programs and activities of the organization.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, familiarity with energy efficiency upgrades or residential construction. Ability to hold meetings with community leaders to inform them about program offerings, conducting outreach events with community organizations, working directly with individual customers to host meetings in their homes, following up by telephone with customers interested in programs, and carefully tracking the progress of efforts in electronic database systems.
Specific tasks may include:
- Implement and be held accountable to a metrics-driven outreach plan
- Lead and direct constituent engagement, including outreach to individuals at community events and house parties
- Engage key stakeholders, including but not limited to local elected officials and community leaders
- Recruit, manage, and train local volunteer teams
- Build relationships and partnerships with community organizations
- Organize community meetings, events, and training sessions
- Identifying, tracking, and developing potential leads
- Develop and implement neighborhood-specific messaging with marketing staff
- Follow-up with interested homeowners to encourage their participation in the program
- Data entry and maintaining data integrity
- Other activities as required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Familiarity with standard business computer applications; experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems a plus
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Self-motivated - proven ability to take initiative, work independently, and overcome obstacles
- Passion for environmental issues, economic/social justice, and/or energy efficiency
- Willingness and ability to become well-versed in residential energy use, including smart grid technologies, dynamic electric pricing, energy efficiency technology, and building science
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, comfort in speaking to large groups, facilitating small group discussions, and excelling at one-on-one interactions
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and political beliefs
- Strong written communication skills; can craft professional letters or email communications
- Strong organizational ability and experience in meeting established goals within tight timeframes
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and remotely as well as within a team
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading and collaborating with volunteers; management or supervisory experience a plus
- Ability and willingness to motivate individuals to take action regarding their energy usage and engaging in new technology and programs to assist with this; prior experience in sales or organizing a plus
- Familiarity with community organizing or political campaign organizing strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the Chicago metropolitan area, its communities, community organizations, and leaders a plus
- Access to reliable transportation, a personal computer with internet access, and a cell phone
6 days 20 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Organization Description We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most. Anti-Discrimination Policy Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume. No phone calls, please.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Field Organizer Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Environmental Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Elevate Energy Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Field Organizer Jobs in Illinois
- More Environmental Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Elevate Energy Jobs in Illinois