Facilities TechnicianVerizon Communications Inc. - Ewing, NJ
Salary Information Weekly Rate: $653.00 - $1590.50
Now is your chance to be a part of the one of a kind Verizon Technician team. Theyre the people who keep our fiber-optic network performing with 99.9% reliability. Not only does this opportunity provide a chance to develop your skills and gain experience in the real world, you will also be delivered a phenomenal face to face training program that ensures the learning experience is built for you. Youll be out and about in the neighborhoods we serve, installing, testing, repairing and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of customers connected. Join our team to make a difference, because when all is said and done, better matters.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide network access to Residence and Business customers by running wire, repairing wire or changing existing wiring and terminating same in a Network interface for customers.
- Interpreting service orders and/or work orders, which may include engineering records, prints, and vendor specifications.
- Keep detailed record of all work activity.
- Place, remove or repair copper wiring, fiber optic or cable between poles, buildings.
- Make necessary preparations required to splice, join, rearrange and terminate cable conductors; including copper and fiber optic, establishing and preserving continuity, identity and mechanical and electrical characteristics of cable conductors.
- Wipe and un-wipe solder joints or placing and removing mechanical protective closures over sheath openings.
- Inspect, test and maintain cables and associated plant to include preparing cables for pressurization and maintaining cable pressure.
- Perform work associated with the splicing of cable such as placing, rearranging and removing cable, terminals and associated plant, including wires, protective equipment and hardware for cables, poles, manholes conduit, and Controlled Environmental Vaults (CEVs).
- Receive work assignments from designated employees or automated systems.
- Contact customers to notify them of work being performed on their lines and when service is restored. Also communicates Company policy and bills customers when appropriate.
- Identify and meet individual customer requirements on provisioning and/or repair contacts, and sell company products and services and/or referring them to the Business Office.
- Perform light digging as required.
- Perform temporary rearrangements on Central Office Frame.
- Report daily to and take direction from supervisor, but normally works and travels alone with little or no direct supervision.
- Communicate with others in order to complete job tasks.
- Must meet required test results for this position in accordance with company policy.
- Must meet Verizon medical standards for the job. Must meet weight restriction to comply with OSHA/Company safety standards.
- Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Must be able to move and/or lift items such as ladders, cable reels, tools, air tanks, test equipment and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- A security background investigation may be required.
- A valid state drivers license is required.
- Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. May be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business necessitate.
- Associates/Bachelors degree and/or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 1 years installing Cable TV, Data, Internet, and/or Satellite TV.
- 1 years Fiber/Copper I & M Telecom Experience
- Customer service experience within the last 3 years
Work Tours: 7 days a week, 7:30am - 7:30pm. Shifts vary based on seniority. Must be able to work overtime based on the needs of the business.
*Must pass all critical training/skills which includes but not limited to Pole Climbing and Fios Training
**Required training may require extended, over-night travel
Verizon Job Fit Test B
Field Operations Assessment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
23 days 5 hours ago
applyFacilities Technician Verizon Communications Inc. - Ewing, NJ, United States
Verizon Communications Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. Its Wireless segment offers access to various wireless voice and data services comprising Internet access through smart phones and basic phones, and notebook computers and tablets; messaging services to send and receive text, picture, and video messages; and consumer and business focused multimedia applications under the Verizon Wireless brand. This segment also provides location-based services; global data services; HomeFusion Broadband, a high-speed Internet service for homes; other connection-related services, such as network access and value added services to support telemetry-type applications; and machine-to-machine services that support devices used in healthcare, manufacturing, utilities, distribution, and consumer products markets, as well as sells smart phones and basic phones, tablets, and other Internet access devices. As of February 24, 2014, it served 103 million retail customers. The companys Wireline segment offers video services over its fiber-optic network; data Services comprising high-speed Internet and FiOS broadband data products, as well as local exchange capacity, managed, mobility, and security services; voice services, such as local exchange, regional, long distance, wire maintenance, and voice messaging services, as well as VoIP, and landline and wireless services; and local dial tone and broadband services to local, long distance, and other carriers. This segment also provides networking products and solutions, such as private Internet protocol services, and Ethernet access and ring services; and infrastructure and cloud services. The company was formerly known as Bell Atlantic Corporation and changed its name to Verizon Communications Inc. in June 2000. Verizon Communications Inc. was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- On-site Hospital Service Technician Supervisor
- Facility Technician
- Resort Maintenance Technician Job
- Resort Maintenance Technician - Part Time
- Resort Maintenance Technician
View More Jobs in Ewing, NJ:
- View More Jobs in Ewing, NJ
- More Facilities Technician Jobs in Ewing, NJ
- More Verizon Communications Inc. Jobs in Ewing, NJ
View More Jobs in New Jersey:
- View More Jobs in New Jersey
- More Facilities Technician Jobs in New Jersey
- More Verizon Communications Inc. Jobs in New Jersey