Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Fort Lauderdale, FL:
- View More Jobs in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- More Facilities Manager Jobs in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- More Kaplan Jobs in Fort Lauderdale, FL
View More Jobs in Florida:
View Similar Jobs:
Facilities ManagerKaplan - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage maintenance contractors, including scope of work, request for proposals, bids, deliverables, and evaluation of vendor performance
- Work with project managers to efficiently carry out Construction, installations, restacks/reconfigurations and relocations.
- Review monthly reports including operational results, financial performance
- Process and approve invoices to proper cost center and GL accounts utilizing online accounting system
- Provide input to budget process for Operating and Capital expenses
- Develop and maintain environment health and safety programs for facilities including procedures for: emergency evacuation, first aid, AED maintenance, CPR/AED training for staff, and Building threats in relation to Fire alarm, Active Shooter, Bomb Threat etc.
- Ensure safety of work practices and procedures of all employees and contract employees to comply with federal, state, and local jurisdictions and laws and OSHA.
- Provide for facility inspections and checklists, emergency preparedness plans, facility profiles, work order fulfillment, and surveys as appropriate.
- Familiar with various Building management systems Trane, JCI, ALC etc, and Security Management systems CCure, AMAG etc.
- Address corporate building issues and resolve with building management.
- Research new programs or processes to improve quality/costs for Kaplan.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of cost efficiency analysis and energy management strategies.
- Familiar with Emergency power systems that include UPS, Generator, and switchgear. Basic knowledge of Maintenance of critical systems
- Understanding of Data Center operations with relation to pre action fire alarm systems and Power Distribution units PDU’s, Computer Room AC units (CRAC)
- Support on-call operations for emergency needs and after hour escalations.
- Coordinate and interface with the internal IT group and service provides for the implementation of voice/data communications, Data Center work/projects.
- Supervise mailroom operations and employees for corporate and executive facilities.
- Maintain mailroom equipment contracts, supplies and accounts
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years in corporate/field facilities management.
- Knowledge of basic construction, architectural guidelines, code requirements, and related criteria.
- After-hours availability (evenings & weekends) to respond to facilities related concerns.
- Strong supervisory and management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel (spreadsheet analysis) and automated building systems including security.
- Ability to think strategically and be a team player.
- Must be flexible, versatile and able to successfully cooperate with all levels of staff and vendors.
Please send all applications by clicking "Apply Now".
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL