Facilities Maintenance Technician VAECOM. - Carolina, NC
AECOM is seeking a highly skilled industrial facilities maintenance technician for our team of multi-skilled technicians in a jet engine manufacturing facility in Durham, NC.
* Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 6:30am 3:00pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician V is responsible for performing as a subject matter expert in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on facilities and utilities systems and equipment, including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, and mechanical equipment; motors and pumps; plumbing and piping; drains, and related equipment. Responsible for carpentry, pipefitting, and operating and maintaining HVAC equipment and systems for a large manufacturing facility. This position participates heavily in construction and demolition projects, and in machine moves as necessary.
Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. May routinely provide work direction to other technicians, coordinate/oversee subcontractor activities, and assist specialized craft technicians in other facility maintenance trades and services. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve electrical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems.
* Operates, maintains, and repairs all facility and production associated equipment in compliance with all company regulations and standards.
* Analyzes equipment failures, inspects, replaces, alters, and maintains in good repair all building and production services and related equipment.
* Performs at level of HVAC Subject Matter Expert with demonstrated experience in pneumatic, electric, and electronic control systems.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of energy management systems (building automation systems) and has the ability to program, troubleshoot, schedule, and trend data.
* Leverages working knowledge of steam pressure reducing stations, steam traps, and condensate pumping stations.
* Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC controls and operating systems as scheduled in the CMMS.
* Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, air dryers, compressors, and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
* Understands and complies with all Environmental, Safety and Health (ES & H) programs and procedures.
* Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
* Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
* Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
* Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
* Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
* Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
* Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
* Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
For more information, please contact Tracy Story at *********************!
Within AECOM, our group provides facilities and production maintenance services for our clients industrial, manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceutical, and commercial sites worldwide.
We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Logistics / Crib Management, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
These are full-time, regular positions with AECOM that offer a full benefits package.
Check us out at
* Come join our team!
Business Line Government
Position Title Facilities Maintenance Technician V - 1st shift
Position Status Full-Time
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. Its a place where you can apply your skills to some of the worlds most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. Its a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. Its what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employees safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOMs Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Minimum Requirements Minimum Requirements:
* High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
* Six years of industrial maintenance experience, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
* Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
* This position may require a valid Drivers License.
* This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
* This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our clients location.
* This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
* Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
* Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
* Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
* Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
* Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
* Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
* Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
* Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AECOM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
* Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
* Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
* Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
* Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
* Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
* Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
* Associates degree or trade school certification in Industrial Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, or a related field.
* Preventive and/or Predictive maintenance planning experience.
* Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial facility mechanical equipment.
* Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial HVAC/R equipment.
* Experience working safely with 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems.
* Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
* Experience working in a CMMS environment.
* Demonstrated understanding of an effective safety culture.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - North Carolina
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
2 days 13 hours ago
applyFacilities Maintenance Technician V AECOM. - Carolina, NC, United States
Twenty-five years ago, AECOM was formed when a handful of Ashland Inc. employees shared a dream of creating an industry-leading firm dedicated to making the world a better place. On April 6, 1990, AECOM became an independent company formed by the merger of five Ashland entities. While our official founding was in 1990, some of our predecessor firms had distinguished histories dating back more than 110 years. Since then, more than 50 companies have joined AECOM and, in 2007, we became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACM).
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Operations Maintenance Manager
- Production Maintenance Electrician V
- Production Maintenance Technician III
View More Jobs in Carolina, NC:
- View More Jobs in Carolina, NC
- More Facilities Maintenance Technician V Jobs in Carolina, NC
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Carolina, NC
- More AECOM. Jobs in Carolina, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Facilities Maintenance Technician V Jobs in North Carolina
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Carolina, NC
- More AECOM. Jobs in North Carolina