Experienced Research AnalystUnisys - Boyce, VA
Summary / Description
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Experience Research Analyst, interested in joining our team in Boyce, VA (with occasional visits to Winchester, VA and Washington, DC) and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will provide client support related to the development and management of a wide range of information technology (IT) and IT continuous service improvement initiatives including networks, cybersecurity, telecommunications, end-user services, mobility, infrastructure operations, cloud, storage, performance improvement and applications management).
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities:
Plan, organize, and conduct research in a variety of areas, including new or existing products, Federal IT governance policy, IT service management, science, social science, law, business, etc. in support of IT initiatives. May use sources such as reference works, meetings and interviews, technical literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other materials to support research. Works with Unisys delivery teams to understand client's business and performance challenges. Analyzes information, performance statistics, customer feedback, operational logs, and other data to prepare trend analysis, reports and studies for use by Unisys service managers and clients. Analyzes an organization's performance and capabilities in enabling functions related to IT service areas such as order management, credit, invoicing and dispute management. Works with customers to define and implement process, technology, and organizational improvements. Supports development of analysis of alternatives and business cases as requested by clients. Supports the definition of IT technical and management business practices and incorporates processes into an automated solutions as applicable. Identifies potential problems and solutions through analysis and recommends solutions. Works with customers and applies best practices to effectively address requirements. Supports delivery of Annual Technology Improvement Plan, IT Services Catalog updates and revisions to IT Operations Manual as directed by client.
• Experience working with Federal government customers in support of delivery of information technology services.
• Ability to interpret requirements and translate into service requests if requested.
• Experience in conducting research on a broad range of issues related to IT service management and the delivery of mission support capabilities, including development of white papers and memoranda with recommendations.
• Experience with data analysis software packages (e.g., advanced analytics solutions such as Elastic Search, NetIQ, Splunk and vRealize Log Insight) and methods such as Lean Six Sigma, earned value management and stakeholder/communications management plans strongly desired.
• Familiarity with applications such as Microsoft Project, Deltek Costpoint, and Deltek Cobra a strong plus.
• Knowledge of IT governance processes and structures highly desirable; experience in setting goals, identifying and prioritizing requirements, analyzing impacts, making and communication decisions, and delivering high-quality services, systems, and applications.
• Knowledge of and experience with key performance indicators and service level agreement requirements and continual service improvement highly desirable.
• Experience working with IT applications/systems owners to document user stories, acceptance criteria, test results, and upgrade tasks to be completed is desirable.
• Knowledge of the IT and telecommunications product market a strong plus.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Desired certification: Certified Research Analyst and ITIL v3 Foundations, PMI Certification (Project Management, Program Management, Certified Associate in Project Management).
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of analysis experience.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a Public Trust Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Apply for this job at http://unisys.contacthr.com/58649602
View More Unisys Federal Jobs
5 days 5 hours ago
applyExperienced Research Analyst Unisys - Boyce, VA, United States
We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Supervisory Management & Program Analyst, Unit Chief (UC...
- Senior Network Engineer
- Research Analyst, GS-0301-13, Records Management Division, W...
- Research Analyst
- Senior Research Analyst
Charles Town, WV
View More Jobs in Boyce, VA:
- View More Jobs in Boyce, VA
- More Experienced Research Analyst Jobs in Boyce, VA
- More Unisys Jobs in Boyce, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Experienced Research Analyst Jobs in Virginia
- More Unisys Jobs in Virginia