Experienced Legal AssistantBegner & Begner, PC - Atlanta, GA
LEGAL ASSISTANT - EXPERIENCED for full-time position in small Sandy Springs law firm
- Bachelor's Degree or Paralegal Certificate from accredited paralegal program.
- At least 4 years' Litigation experience.
- Knowledge of various Court rules and filing requirements.
- Knowledge of the format of various legal documents including, but not limited to, Requests for Production of Documents, Responses to Interrogatories, Certificates of Service, Motions and other pleadings.
- Broad knowledge of terminology (legal) as it relates to particular practice areas.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills including spelling, diction, and grammatical skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook and legal billing and accounting software.
- Demonstrate exceptional multi-tasking organizational skills, prioritization, proofreading, and attention to detail to allow for timely, effective, and accurate performance of job duties with little or no outside assistance.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, and understand complex legal concepts and terminology.
- Ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity in confidential matters.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients and to provide or obtain information with courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- Accurate typing ability of 70 wpm.
- Comprehensive computer and office equipment experience.
- Provide full administrative support services to attorneys while remaining flexible to provide assistance in various critical areas throughout the firm.
- Transcribe dictation and properly format letters, pleadings, and other forms.
- Prepare rough drafts, proofread before finalizing legal documents.
- Copy and mail all letters, documents, and packages to various parties via Certified, Registered USPS, FedEx, or courier service.
- Properly file legal documents with Courts and cc/bcc’s appropriate parties.
- Ensure exact compliance with client guidelines relating to preparation and mailing of cc/bcc, copying of documents, and other client requirements.
- Open new files (electronic and hard copy)
- Draft acknowledgment or engagement letters to client.
- Continuously maintain file content, indexes, and tabulations.
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copies of client/case information.
- Enter attorney billable time into billing software on a regular basis.
- Maintain attorney calendar by denoting due dates for answers, depositions and other pleadings, hearings, trial calendars, etc.
- Open and manage or route attorney mail to appropriate counsel.
- Receive client fees and deposit into proper firm accounts.
- Properly apply fees to client accounts in billing software.
- Process credit card payments through billing software.
- Close and prepare files for storage as instructed.
- Answer and screen calls for attorneys, communicating with professionalism, respectfulness and tact.
- Schedule depositions as necessary.
- Perform receptionist duties.
- Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description.
Salary Range: $40,000 to $45,000, depending upon education & experience, with potential opportunity to expand responsibilities and increase salary.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR RESUME UNLESS YOU CAN SATISFY ALL OF THESE.
If you feel that you are a good fit for our law office, please email us with a brief summary explaining why we should consider you for this position, any professional references and
your salary requirements. Let us know when you would be available to start.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please PASTE A COPY of your resume and your list of references in the body of the form. ATTACHED RESUMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. If you are considered for an interview, you will receive an email response with additional instructions to complete the application process. Serious inquiries only, please.
We handle various types of matters, including, but not limited to, constitutional law issues, civil rights, criminal defense, personal injury, and alcohol licensing. Our office atmosphere is congenial & casual. Our clients and our work are varied and interesting. Benefits offered. Honesty and integrity are core values of our firm.
11 days 19 hours ago
Begner & Begner, PC
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Assistant/paralegal
Sandy Springs, GA
- Temporary Foreclosure/ Default Services Paralegal
- Bankruptcy / Creditors' Rights Litigation Legal Assistant
- Paralegal/legal Assistant
View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA:
- View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More Experienced Legal Assistant Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More Legal Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More Begner & Begner, PC Jobs in Atlanta, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More Experienced Legal Assistant Jobs in Georgia
- More Legal Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More Begner & Begner, PC Jobs in Georgia