Executive Communications Support Technician JobScience Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Tampa, FL
Executive Communications Support Technician (Job Number:437685)
- SAIC has an immediate opening for an Executive Communications Support Technician.
- Shift: Rotating (75% day M-F; 25% alternate)
- The position will support the HQ USCENTCOM C4I initiatives at MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida.
- The Executive Communications Support Technician shall provide support for day- to-day operations for VIP/Executive Level personnel assigned to USCENTCOM located at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL.
- The ideal candidate will provide 24/ 7 advanced technical support to maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and restore computer and information systems to an operational status, to include networking devices, personal electronic devices (PEDs), computers, thin/zero clients, laptops, and peripherals.
- This is a deployable position (travel is frequent, between 50-60% is common) and will require travel to both CONUS and OCONUS locations; as such, possession and maintenance of a current U.S. passport is required.
- The ultimate goal is to ensure data, voice, video, and communication requirements are correctly provisioned and operational to support assured communication between warfighters and Senior Defense Officials, Commander USCENTCOM and USCENTCOM staff.
- Provide support the Very Important Person (VIP) team. VIPs consist of local quarters, office and travel to CONUS and Outside the CONUS (OCUNUS) locations.
- Support VIP Communication / Information Systems and networks, including remote communications equipment, mobile and deployable network communication systems, strategic and tactical multi-channel satellite communication systems (BGAN terminals), secure telephone equipment, video conferencing terminals, laptops, desktops, computer peripherals and other equipment, supporting executive communications capabilities.
- Test all VIP deployable mobile communications equipment and communications suites to ensure all equipment is operational. The equipment shall be ready to deploy within one hour of the notifications for deployment.
- Under very minimal to no supervision provide front line support to executive level customers to include interacting with network services, software systems engineering and asset management to restore service and/or identify core problems.
- Provides on-site technical support, to include travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations, by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations and related software/hardware.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and applies domain specific knowledge to return equipment to operational status within agreed upon Service Level Agreement parameters.
- Interacts daily with executive level customers, supervisor, peer groups and customers in order to manage work flow in timely and professional manner.
- Responsible for documenting, upgrading and replacing hardware and software systems.
- Responsible for implementing fixes and patches through various means such as registry edits, patch installation, Active Directory Security Policy configuration and various application testing.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain networking equipment, encryption devices, computers, workstations, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/CLEARANCE LEVEL:
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance is required in order to be considered for this opportunity. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
- DoD 8570 IAT-II certification is required and satisfied by holding CompTIA Security+ (SY0-301) certification.
- Passport; position may be required to travel throughout USCENTCOM AOR.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 4+ years of Help/Service Desk experience (preferably in a DoD environment).
- Additional training, technical certification and/or experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting Microsoft OS (Windows 7), Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, potentially austere environment and non- standard hours when needed; mission focused.
- Deployability: Candidate must be willing to deploy (worldwide) as required and capable of residing in austere living environments.
- Self-motivated, creative, capable of working as team or as individual SME for executive level communications support, organized and able to manage individual schedules.
- Extensive networking/client-server applications experience.
- Thorough knowledge of printers (hardware/software), specifically in an enterprise environment and in applying security measure to standard configurations.
- Desired certifications: MSCE, CCNA, CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP Windows 7, ITILv3.
- Remedy Help Desk, LAN/WAN troubleshooting, thorough understanding of TCP/IP based networking and encryption devices.
- Must be competent to work as part of a team on all phases of customer support to include physical activities such as moving printers, workstations, scanner and other items.
- Experience with image/load set deployment in an enterprise environment (Norton Ghostcast, PXE, image cloning).
- Prior military service is strongly desired, although doesn't exclude a candidate, with preference for previous commander communications team members or tactical communications experience.
- Physical requirements: Candidate must meet contractual requirements associated with the Minimal Standard of Fitness for Deployment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
JOB POSTING: Jun 26, 2018, 3:40:48 PM
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS: Top Secret
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Top Secret/SCI
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORKING: No
TRAVEL: Yes, 50% of the time
SHIFT: Day Job
OTHER LOCATIONS: United States-FL-TAMPA
16 days 23 hours ago
applyExecutive Communications Support Technician Job Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Tampa, FL, United States
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Communications Coordinator / Engineering Tech IV
Virginia Beach, VA
- Communications Specialist
- Communications Specialist
Florida Ridge, FL
- JobID 1256 : 2018/2019 Community Relations Multimedia Commun...
- PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST
Los Alamitos, CA
View More Jobs in Tampa, FL:
- View More Jobs in Tampa, FL
- More Executive Communications Support Technician Job Jobs in Tampa, FL
- More PR Jobs in Tampa, FL
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Tampa, FL
View More Jobs in Florida:
- View More Jobs in Florida
- More Executive Communications Support Technician Job Jobs in Florida
- More PR Jobs in Tampa, FL
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Florida