Environmental Compliance CoordinatorMarathon Petroleum Corporation - Langley, KY
Company Name: MARATHON PETROLEUM COMPANY
Location Name: MWLS Langley KY
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
This position ensures regulatory compliance for natural gas plants with primary focus on record keeping, air permit compliance, air emissions calculation and testing, greenhouse gas emissions, spill prevention/response, waste management and compliance auditing.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental rules, regulations and procedures for two facilities in eastern Kentucky
• Travel to each facility to ensure compliance with air, waste and water regulations
• Stay abreast of all current rules and regulations pertaining to air regulations and permits for oil and natural gas facilities
• Time will be split between office and field work equally. Office work requires report generation and compliance spreadsheets for regulatory requirements and audit purposes. Field work requires SPCC inspections, ensuring regulatory and permit compliance, and onsite drills for emergency response purposes
• Responsible for internal compliance audits
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferably in the field of physical sciences, natural sciences or engineering
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in environmental compliance as it relates to the oil & gas industry
• A strong working knowledge of federal and Kentucky environmental regulations
• A history of successfully working on environmental compliance issues.
• Current valid driver's license
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Discretion when dealing with confidential information
• Ability to keep records, analyze and summarize raw data, in order to fill out and submit summary and regulatory reports
• Ability to work well and communicate with all plant personnel and senior managers
• Strong computer skills required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Materials and Equipment Used:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, phone, fax, copier, map printer/plotter and analytical electronic devices and operate a motor vehicle.
Internal Posting End Date: 03/31/2018
Job Function: MarkWest
Travel Expected: Up to 50%
Driver's License Required: Yes
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (“MPC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.
10 days 19 hours ago
applyEnvironmental Compliance Coordinator Marathon Petroleum Corporation - Langley, KY, United States
Marathon Petroleum Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in refining, transporting, and marketing petroleum products primarily in the United States. It operates through three segments: Refining & Marketing, Speedway, and Pipeline Transportation. The company refines crude oil and other feed stocks at its seven refineries in the Gulf Coast and Midwest regions of the United States; and purchases ethanol and refined products for resale. Its refined products include gasoline, distillates, propane, feed stocks and special products, heavy fuel oil, and asphalt. The company is headquartered in Findlay, Ohio.Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is in the business of creating value for our shareholders through the quality products and services we provide for our customers. We strongly believe how we conduct our business is just as integral to our bottom line. As a result, we strive to always act responsibly with those who work for us, with those business partners who work with us, and in every community where we operate.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Associate Regulatory Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Coordinator
- Supplier Compliance Coordinator
- Healthcare Compliance Coordinator
San Jose, CA
- Trade Compliance Director
Simi Valley, CA
View More Jobs in Langley, KY:
- View More Jobs in Langley, KY
- More Environmental Compliance Coordinator Jobs in Langley, KY
- More Compliance Jobs in Langley, KY
- More Marathon Petroleum Corporation Jobs in Langley, KY
View More Jobs in Kentucky:
- View More Jobs in Kentucky
- More Environmental Compliance Coordinator Jobs in Kentucky
- More Compliance Jobs in Langley, KY
- More Marathon Petroleum Corporation Jobs in Kentucky