Jobs You Might Also Like
- Litigation Paralegal/Case Manager/Legal Assistant
Los Angeles, CA
- Experienced Personal Injury Legal Assistant/Case Manager (Wi...
Winston Salem, NC
- Experienced Personal Injury Legal Assistant/Case Manager (Ch...
- Case Manager
- Associate Development and Training Manager
View More Jobs in New Orleans, LA:
- View More Jobs in New Orleans, LA
- More Environmental Case Manager Paralegal Jobs in New Orleans, LA
- More Legal Jobs in New Orleans, LA
- More Curry & Friend Jobs in New Orleans, LA
View More Jobs in Louisiana:
- View More Jobs in Louisiana
- More Environmental Case Manager Paralegal Jobs in Louisiana
- More Legal Jobs in New Orleans, LA
- More Curry & Friend Jobs in Louisiana
View Similar Jobs:
Environmental Case Manager ParalegalCurry & Friend - New Orleans, LA
Curry & Friend, PLC, an established boutique defense firm is currently accepting resumes for Environmental Case Manager Paralegal. Curry & Friend, PLC takes pride in the high engagement level of our members and we are committed to fostering an inclusive atmosphere.
The ideal candidate for the Environmental Case Manager Paralegal position must have at least 5 years of complex litigation experience, and must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, stable work history, and be computer proficient.
To learn more about us and our available positions please visit our career page.
- Must maintain responsibility for firm tasks as defined in Case Manager Paralegal – Environmental/Toxic Tort Job Description;
- Must maintain compliance with firm Mission, Vision and Values-see attached;
- Must maintain compliance with firm Policy & Procedure Manual and related Non-Disclosure Covenants-see attached;
- Must be available to record at least 1800 hours per year, whether in case specific billable hours or other firm required non-billable but creditable tasks;
- Must enter time logged in performing case specific billable hours, planned client development or other firm required non-billable tasks into firm’s computerized billing system database on a daily basis;
- Must actively participate in all firm gatherings and meetings as necessary in either the Northshore or New Orleans main office.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Must work amiably and well with a team consisting of attorneys, paralegals, nurses and the administrative staff;
- Must have the ability to balance a number of tasks in an efficient fashion using good time management skills, specifically including the ability to prioritize assignments and respond to and meet case/project deadlines; and
- Must be proficient with computers and related software, including knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Work Requirements:
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Must have a positive attitude;
- Must be able to work independently, with initiative, and without supervision;
- Must delegate/supervise as appropriate;
- Must be a thorough, persistent problem solver; and
- Must maintain confidentiality as to the firm’s and its clients’ information.
- Must demonstrate Litigation Paralegal level competencies, plus;
- Must have knowledge and understanding of legal concepts, terminology, procedures and the rules of various courts and other official agencies;
- Must have familiarity of legal documents, including ability to draft, proofread and edit;
- Must be able to draft routine pleadings such as notices, motions, petitions, affidavits, simple complaints and answers, orders for dismissal, releases, settlement agreements, interrogatories and answers to interrogatories;
- Must have familiarity with court rules and procedures; i.e. when is a response due for a pleading (this can vary from parish to parish and depend on the type of pleading);
- Must be able to manage the receipt, scanning, filing, organizing, and maintenance of case file materials, including voluminous documents from clients and parties;
- Must be able to obtain/organize documents for production and arrange for numbering and copying of documents; being aware of attorney/client and work product privilege rules; failure to produce something that isn’t privileged can incur court sanctions;
- Must digest and index documents;
Must assist in preparation for deposition, including:
- Preparation of notebook for attorney to take to deposition including copy of complaint, answer, notice of deposition, pleading index, significant medical and employment records; depositions taken to date that are relevant to this deposition; deposition exhibits. Prepare directions to deposition location. Must be familiar with legal issues to know what to include; and
- Summarize, digest and/or code transcript of depositions;
Must assist in preparation for trial, including:
- Preparation and organization of exhibits for trial; familiarity with necessary declarations of authenticity; and
- Locate and arrange for attendance of witnesses at trial;
Must maintain and monitor proceeding deadlines:
- Outlook calendar; and
- Civil Suit Timeline;
Must perform court run, including:
- Filing of pleadings with court;
- Securing necessary assignment of dates and execution of orders;
- Ensuring necessary service of pleadings by the Civil Sheriff; and
- Research court records and indices;
Must be proficient with e-filing and fax filing in State and Federal Courts and with reviewing suit records online;
Must prepare maps using tools from the internet of various locations with estimated distances;
Must obtain, organize information placed on deposit at local copying services;
Must prepare subpoenas including subpoenas for trial;
Must have the ability to upload and manage documents from CD’s, You Send It, and large e-mails;
Must prepare charts and multiple page excel spread sheets with several fields for reporting to client, maintain charts of active and dismissed cases;
Must obtain case related information through authorizations and/or subpoenas, including medical records, military records, and social security records;
Must acquire and handle pathology and maintain a chain of custody for same;
Must obtain shared information through the asbestos paralegal network;
- Must assist Case Manager Paralegals, when needed and/or requested, in connection with file and document issues; and
- Must provide all necessary training and support to any Litigation or Case Manager Paralegal; and
- Must perform other related duties as necessary.
- Must be able to communicate and exchange information with co-workers, clients, and/or individuals outside the firm;
- Must be able to move and position self to accomplish tasks associated with carrying out essential job function listed in job description;
- Must be able to remain stationary for long periods of time; and
- Must be able to frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 20 pounds.
Click "Apply Now" to be directed to our firm's website to apply.
Curry & Friend