Engineering Maintenance TechnicianFlowers Foods, Inc. - Bardstown, KY
Engineering technicians perform scheduled as well as unscheduled maintenance tasks. They must possess strong electrical and mechanical skills in order to support the production technician in maintaining an efficient operation. It is necessary for him/her to be in possession of or capable of acquiring licenses required by city or state to work with boilers, refrigeration and various other job related equipment. Engineering technicians must have the aptitude and desire for continued training because of on-going technological improvements. Technicians must be flexible and adaptable as they will be required to perform job assignments throughout the facility. In addition, it is the responsibility of the technician to contribute to maintaining a safe work environment for themselves and their fellow technicians. Position requires proficiency in the use of Enterprise software including data input, data retrieval, reporting, and other functions as instructed. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality. Position ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.).
Position performs other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs assigned preventative maintenance tasks.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on plant equipment and machinery.
- Responds to and corrects equipment stoppage/mechanical breakdown.
- Troubleshoots (when necessary).
- Repairs/replaces worn/defective parts, motors, control devices, etc.
- Operates machine shop equipment, hand tools, power hand tools, and makes required parts when necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team.
- Practices and complies with all Company policies and procedures including safety and work rules, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervision.
Two (2) or more years experience as a technician and/or formal training or experience. Experience in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning; welding, electronics, electrical repairs, industrial equipment installations, alignment, start-up repairs, etc.
High School diploma or equivalency plus successful completion of a technical certification course (i.e., HVAC, auto maintenance/repair, etc). Equivalent military training, other related technical training, or successful completion of at least 45 college credit hours may be substituted for technical training. A technical certification course may also include the completion of the AIB Science of Baking course.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please reply by 11/30/2017. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Flowers Baking Co. Bardstown is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/VETS/Disabled)
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Donna L Hardesty at DONNA.HARDESTY@FLOCORP.COM or 502-350-4753.
11 days 5 hours ago
applyEngineering Maintenance Technician Flowers Foods, Inc. - Bardstown, KY, United States
Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO), headquartered in Thomasville, Ga., is a leading producer and marketer of packaged bakery foods in the United States. The company operates 46 highly efficient bakeries that produce breads, buns, rolls, snack cakes, and pastries, which are distributed fresh to foodservice and retail customers in the Southeastern, Southwestern, and mid-Atlantic states and frozen to national foodservice and retail customers.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Bardstown, KY:
- View More Jobs in Bardstown, KY
- More Engineering Maintenance Technician Jobs in Bardstown, KY
- More Engineering Jobs in Bardstown, KY
- More Flowers Foods, Inc. Jobs in Bardstown, KY
View More Jobs in Kentucky:
- View More Jobs in Kentucky
- More Engineering Maintenance Technician Jobs in Kentucky
- More Engineering Jobs in Bardstown, KY
- More Flowers Foods, Inc. Jobs in Kentucky