Engineer II-Sr (Power Generation)Entergy Corporation - El Dorado, AR
Primary Location: Arkansas-El Dorado
Job Function: Engineer
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Not approved
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 74304
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Provide engineering services and technical oversight a combined-cycle gas turbine power plant.
* Leads causal analysis of plant component failures, environmental and NERC compliance related items, and operational events. * Project management & technical oversight. Coordinates and executes capital investment, operations improvement, and maintenance projects. Writes job plans related to the maintenance, repair, modification and troubleshooting of plant equipment. Develops strong working relationships with plant production, maintenance, and project personnel, and other stakeholders. Ensures plant modification process is followed. Performs troubleshooting to address equipment issues in a timely manner. Oversees engineering activities of external firms, including detailed engineering, work scope development, evaluation of proposals, project planning and controls, deliverables review, installation support, and start-up assistance. * Assists plant staff to assess risk related to plant processes, supports plant staff in establishing action plans to close gaps, and tracks progress through completion. * Supports long-range and detailed planning and execution of Power Generation unit outage work, including the development and documentation required to meet the requirements of the Outage Stage Gate process. Serves as subject matter expert for outage planning and execution. Assists in preparation of department budget. * Ensures technical resources are available to assist in daily operations and maintenance activities. * Develops strong working relationships with original equipment manufacturers. * Ensures NERC-related device testing is coordinated with compliance technical specialists. Facilitates the self-certification process for NERC Reliability Standards. Provides guidance and support to plant staff to help ensure compliance related tasks are performed as prescribed in Power Generation NERC procedures. * Tracks and controls spending, schedules and quality to meet allotted budgets and critical milestones. * Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Minimum education required of the position
Desired: B.S. in electrical or mechanical engineering
Minimum experience required of the position
Engineer II: 2-4 years of applicable and progressive experience.
Engineer III: 4-6 years of applicable and progressive experience.
Engineer Sr: 6+ years of applicable and progressive experience.
Preferred: Experience with DCS (Emerson Ovation, GE Mark VI) and regulatory compliance
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Demonstrates good engineering judgment. Possesses strong engineering analysis and problem solving skills as required by the specific job. Thorough understanding of procedures, programs, and standards in responsible area.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
9 days 7 hours ago
applyEngineer II-Sr (Power Generation) Entergy Corporation - El Dorado, AR, United States
We suffered an employee fatality in 2012 and a contractor fatality in 2013. In 2012, employee lost-time injuries increased over 2011. This safety performance is devastating. We are working to build greater safety awareness and a stronger safety culture. Achieving an accident-free work environment for our employees and contractors remains a top priority.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Engineer II-Sr (Power Generation)
El Dorado, AR
View More Jobs in El Dorado, AR:
- View More Jobs in El Dorado, AR
- More Engineer II Sr (Power Generation) Jobs in El Dorado, AR
- More Engineering Jobs in El Dorado, AR
- More Entergy Corporation Jobs in El Dorado, AR
View More Jobs in Arkansas:
- View More Jobs in Arkansas
- More Engineer II Sr (Power Generation) Jobs in Arkansas
- More Engineering Jobs in El Dorado, AR
- More Entergy Corporation Jobs in Arkansas