Educator Revenue CycleMoses Cone Health System - Greensboro, NC
Educator Revenue Cycle
50639-SW-Pt Acct Rev Integrity
Job Interest Category:
Allied Health- Other
Job Interest (specific):
Allied Health - Other
8 hour days
Specific Work Schedule Detail:
8 AM - 5 PM, flexible
Hours per week:
Together, we create unsurpassed health care experiences.
We are the leader in delivering integrated, innovative health care.
At Cone Health, we value and are accountable for:
· Caring for Our Patients
We provide exceptional quality, compassionate care and service in a safe, respectful environment.
· Caring for Each Other
We appreciate each other through honest communication and respect. We inspire ongoing learning, pride, passion and fun.
· Caring for Our Communities
We engage our communities with integrity and transparency. We embrace our responsibility to promote health and well-being.
Education / Licensure / Certification:
Associate degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field or equivalent work experience.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field
At least 3-5 years in a medical/insurance environment. Experience in ICD and CPT coding.
6-7 years experience, EPIC and adult education skills and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, employees and outside customers.
Experience in ICD and CPT coding
Comprehends medical terminology
Strong customer service skills
Excellent organizational skills
Considerable knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures of third party insurance
Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point
Note: Candidates must pass a written competency test in addition to testing in Word and Excel.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time) and/or;
• a negligible amount of force frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
HEARING / VISION:
Hear and differentiate low volume sounds in order to make judgments regarding actions needed
Hear alarm bells, verbal conversations, telephone voices and normal volume sounds
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Annual flu shot
• Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
• Annual CBL’s (Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance)
• Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing without lapse (if applicable to your job)
This position directs the training procedures for areas of Patient Accounting Operations and Revenue Integrity. Coordinates the design, development, and dissemination of user manuals and reference materials for employees. Participates in the development and administers initial and annual competency testing
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES (MWA’S):
1. Policy and Procedures: Accurately and consistently communicates, interprets, and applies hospital and departmental policies. Keeps employees informed of new procedures and changes in routine as they occur (as evidenced by solicited and unsolicited feedback, and by the presence of communications systems such as minutes of meetings, memos, board posting, etc.). Designs, develop, and disseminate user guidebooks, training manuals and resource materials to staff on a timely basis. Maintains manuals as required. (25%)
2. Communication. Coordinates work activities with other departments, outside agencies, and physicians, as required, ensuring that timely notifications, clear and continuous communications, and cooperative relationships are established and maintained. Provides for the orientation, training and on-going development of Revenue Cycle Staff ensuring that comprehensive documentation systems are established and maintained, so that status, progress and participation can be easily monitored. (25%)
3. Quality. Continually studies the professional field including best practices to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and necessary skills of Revenue Cycle employees. Makes recommendations to leadership regarding any necessary or desired changes in departmental procedure and policy. Ensures adequacy of work and adherence to policies and procedure by staff, by observing work, monitoring work, answering questions, explaining procedures, and intervening where necessary to correct deficiencies. Administers initial and annual competency testing for all areas of Patient Accounting Operations and Revenue Integrity. (25%)
4. Compliance. Ensures that Revenue Cycle training services are provided in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements. Maintains compliance to all regulatory requirements/laws as they relate to responsibilities (Corporate Compliance, HIPPA, etc.). Remains current through education, in-services, etc (25%)
Occurs under one-third of the time:
Exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Hazardous waste and/or toxic / caustic chemicals
Fumes or airborne particles
Additional information on Working Conditions:
Sufficient mobility to travel within and between health system facilities. Ability to visualize the computer monitor and use automated communication devices such as fax, voicemail and email.
iCARE: Commitments to Care.
I will create and engage in conversations of possibility.
o I will be open to innovation and creativity.
o I will listen to understand.
o I will bring ideas for solutions and be open to alternative ideas.
o I will be open to constructive feedback.
o I will not engage or listen to negativity or gossip.
o I will be positive when speaking about Cone Health, my department, and my coworkers.
o I will be approachable.
o I will focus on behaviors, not the person, during conflict.
I will honor my word.
o I will do what I say when I say I will.
o I will “clean it up” when I can’t keep my word.
o I will honor my work agreement.
o I will be “on the court” instead of “in the stands.”
o I will follow up in a timely manner on commitments and requests.
o I will apologize when someone experiences less than excellent service.
o I will take responsibility for my actions, decisions and performance.
o I will protect patient safety (best practices: ex – hand hygiene).
I will assume the best of intentions and embrace differences.
o I will collaborate and seek other people’s input.
o I will demonstrate courtesy, compassion, and respect with my tone of voice and body language.
o I will speak positively about Cone Health –managing up coworkers, physicians, departments, patients and visitors.
o I will ask the person directly involved when I don’t know.
o I will include diverse skills, abilities, strengths, and backgrounds to create better outcomes.
o I will care for myself while also respecting others.
I will own it, solve it, and celebrate it!
o I will offer solutions when problems are identified.
o I will share my input for decisions by participating in forums such as shared governance, town halls,
employee engagement survey, brown bag discussions, employee councils, staff meetings, or
directly with my manager.
o I will take charge and do the right thing at the right time.
o I will make decisions keeping a balance of service, quality, and cost in mind.
o I will demonstrate Cone Health values.
o I will seek opportunities to celebrate and have fun.
o I will recognize good work.
Exceptional People Providing Exceptional Care!
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on.
Extraordinary patient care is about being “high-touch” as well as “high-tech”. Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community!
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation. Additionally, Cone Health invites interested deaf and hard of hearing applicants to use Video Relay Service (VRS).
5 days 1 hour ago
applyEducator Revenue Cycle Moses Cone Health System - Greensboro, NC, United States
Moses Cone Health System is a multi-hospital system with a range of outpatient services designed to provide care for Piedmont residents throughout all stages of their lives. Residents of our primary service area of Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham and Alamance counties and the city of Kernersville depend on us for convenient, affordable and compassionate care - care delivered regardless of a patient s ability to pay.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Revenue Integrity Analyst I Job
- Epic Billing Business Systems Analyst (HB, PB, or SBO)
Fort Myers, FL
- Finance Representative - Revenue Cycle Job
West Jacksonville, FL
- Finance Representative - Revenue Cycle (Part Time) Job
View More Jobs in Greensboro, NC:
- View More Jobs in Greensboro, NC
- More Educator Revenue Cycle Jobs in Greensboro, NC
- More Accounting Jobs in Greensboro, NC
- More Healthcare Jobs in Greensboro, NC
- More Moses Cone Health System Jobs in Greensboro, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Educator Revenue Cycle Jobs in North Carolina
- More Accounting Jobs in Greensboro, NC
- More Healthcare Jobs in Greensboro, NC
- More Moses Cone Health System Jobs in North Carolina