ED PATIENT ACCESS ASSOCIATEWilliamson Medical Center - Franklin, TN
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Highly motivated individual where skills, experience, and dedication can effectively be utilized to meet the goals of Williamson Medical Center, patients and the community we serve. Possesses a strong positive customer service work ethic and ability to work closely with the public, community, family members, co-workers and management team in a positive cohesive professional manner. Required to demonstrate teamwork, good customer service skills and accuracy in all areas of Patient Access. Obtains accurate demographic and financial data for medical documentation, billing and collections. Creates and presents patient estimates and financially resolves patient balances.
Formal Education / Training:
High school diploma or equivalent
3 years clerical experience in a professional customer service oriented office environment
Equipment and Skills Training:
Meditech, Fax, Copier, time and attendance, patient access software, WOW’s, cash management/posting, visitor badge system, FormsFast, Multiple alarm systems, Education system, Label and armband printers, PBX console, security radio, hand-held communication equipment, and paging equipment, email.
Highly active office/clinical environment
Prolonged walking, sitting, standing, bending, pushing wheelchairs up to 250 lbs, consistent repetitive keyboard and terminal usage. Ability to consistently push bedside registration computer to register patients timely. Consistently work well under pressure and can function independently. Efficient verbal and written communication. Able to communicate in English verbally and legibly.
1. Greet patients/visitors promptly and courteously using AIDET principles. Selects correct patient from Master Patient index to insure patient identification safety and places correct armband on all patients.
2. Consistently interviews patients to obtain and enter accurate demographics and insurance information in a timely manner. Meets national productivity guidelines of 35 registrations per shift.
3. Consistently uses bedside mobile cart to register patients at bedside in assigned ED areas.
4. Consistently corrects registrations during assigned shift using AccuReg solution and maintains an average initial accuracy rate of 95% for a 12 month period.
5. Consistently uses insurance verification solution appropriately and posts back notes in the Meditech and obtains complete and accurate information to complete the Medicare secondary payer form.
6. Consistently follows point of service collection policies and procedures. Follows cash management guidelines at all times.
7. Understands ED Patient Access runs 24/7. Willingly accepts work assignments, change in daily routine, and hours that may vary to accommodate staffing needs for all areas of ED Patient Access.
8. Consistently performs all PBX duties timely and accurately including all afterhours reports and duties. Uses the correct date, time, and room rate accommodation for all room transfers, status changes, and newborn admissions.
9. Reports concerns requiring attention to supervisor or director. Is a problems solver that brings possible solutions with the concerns or problems.
10. Is available and accountable to provide on-call coverage when assigned.
11. Participates in departmental meetings/huddles/etc. and recommends improvement opportunities, Seeks and performs other related duties assigned by Supervisor/Manager or Director
12. Consistently reviews and obtains patient signatures on all required registration forms. Scans documents into the system.
24 days 19 hours ago
Williamson Medical Center
applyED PATIENT ACCESS ASSOCIATE Williamson Medical Center - Franklin, TN, United States
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Registered Nurse (Psychiatric/Mental Health HUD VASH Case Ma...
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Licensed Practical Nurse PACT/Telehealth
- Registered Nurse (PACU)
- Assistant Chief of Neurology
View More Jobs in Franklin, TN:
- View More Jobs in Franklin, TN
- More ED PATIENT ACCESS ASSOCIATE Jobs in Franklin, TN
- More Healthcare Jobs in Franklin, TN
- More Williamson Medical Center Jobs in Franklin, TN
View More Jobs in Tennessee:
- View More Jobs in Tennessee
- More ED PATIENT ACCESS ASSOCIATE Jobs in Tennessee
- More Healthcare Jobs in Franklin, TN
- More Williamson Medical Center Jobs in Tennessee