E-Commerce Regional Director, Eastern RegionSafeway, Inc. - Frederick, MD
Albertsons Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The E-Commerce Department has an opening for a Regional Director, East Region. Areas of responsibility include Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and other areas.
The Regional Director is responsible for directing a team of Operations Managers that manage delivery of groceries to customers for Albertsons.com. Partner with corporate leaders, store management, finance and divisional presidents to optimize regional and individual store performance sales targets and financial goals.
- Manage a team of Operation Managers and ensure regional service delivery goals are met and budgets are adhered to. Director duties include hiring, training, performance managing, mentoring and managing of direct reports against financial and operational goals.
- Address escalated operational performance concerns using advanced knowledge of retail, division and corporate departments to impact change and resolve problems. This includes setting up meetings with relevant parties and determining the best course of action to remedy performance or operational issues. Establish training and processes to address performance issues or errors.
- Closely monitor and analyze reports of all store delivery metrics, sales and performance indicators. Determine the best course of action to address any operational or budgeting issues to maximize store and regional profitability.
- Apply knowledge of Albertson’s retail operations, corporate practices and E-Commerce business to make operational decisions that will positively impact the regions financial and performance goals.
- Oversee the regional fleet management and partner with the OMs and fleet managers to resolve any issues and ensure that all required vehicles are available and properly maintained to carry out the delivery for Albertson’s business.
-Requires 50% travel.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or commensurate experience.
- 9 Years of Store management or retail operations experience preferred.
- Advanced ability to analyze reports and performance indicators and establish the top priorities for the region.
- Ability to foster relationships with the divisions, operations and store management to maximize regional performance.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple OMs and partner with store employees and management to affect immediate changes as required.
- Ability to work with a variety of employees and management to resolve operational problems and ensure financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Ability to manage employees, including, hiring, firing, performance management and training.
- Customer service skills and the ability to resolve complaints, inquiries and operational errors.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Log In to Apply
Email A Friend
Log In to Apply
9 days 11 hours ago
applyE-Commerce Regional Director, Eastern Region Safeway, Inc. - Frederick, MD, United States
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Executive Producer, Factual Entertainment & Formats
- Program Analyst
- Science and Research Director Alaska Region
- Regional Head of Contract and Procurement Leading Roles in A...
- Science and Research Director, Alaska Region
View More Jobs in Frederick, MD:
- View More Jobs in Frederick, MD
- More E Commerce Regional Director Eastern Region Jobs in Frederick, MD
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in Frederick, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More E Commerce Regional Director Eastern Region Jobs in Maryland
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in Maryland