Driver-ShuttleAirgas, Inc - La Porte, TX
Driver-Shuttle','16239','!*!Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Delivers compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard-goods to other branch locations.
· Communicates in person with internal customers, providing information ordering and delivery times, etc.
· Maintains load manifests and all other vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
· Accurately maintains records such as Department of Transportation Driver’s Log and vehicle logs according to state and federal regulations.
· Picks up empty cylinders from branch locations and returns them to plant for refilling following all federal, state, and local regulations.
· Operates a forklift, pallet jack or other warehouse equipment in order to load and unload trucks following all company policies and procedures.
· Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documents deficiencies and all equipment is in safe and good working order.
· Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
· Reads maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions
· May perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, etc.
· May serve as driver trainer
· Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities over other personnel. However, forming and maintaining a good working relationship with each location is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 2 years driving experience with a Class A CDL.
· Must have driven within the last five years.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Must possess valid Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of organization.','!*!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability','Driver','Regular','United States-Texas-LaPorte-77571','','Full-time','Jan 10, 2018','Driver-Shuttle']);
5 days 13 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Airgas, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, supplies industrial, medical and specialty gases, and hardgoods. The company operates through two business segments, Distribution and All Other Operations. The Distribution segment offers industrial, medical, and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products. It offers atmospheric gases including nitrogen, oxygen, and argon; helium; hydrogen; welding and fuel gases, such as acetylene, propylene, and propane; carbon dioxide; nitrous oxide; various gases; special application blends; and process chemicals. This segment also rents gas cylinders, cryogenic liquid containers, bulk storage tanks, tube trailers, and welding-related and other equipment. The All Other Operations segment produces carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; distributes refrigerants, anhydrous and aqua ammonia, and process chemicals; and provides technical and refrigerant reclamation services. Airgas, Inc. also produces atmospheric gases and supplies safety products. The company markets its products and services through various sales channels, including branch-based sales representatives, retail stores, strategic customer account programs, telesales, catalogs, eBusiness, and independent distributors. It serves various industries, including manufacturing and metal fabrication; non-residential construction; life sciences and healthcare; food, beverage and retail; energy and chemical production and distribution; basic materials and services; and government and other industries. The company has operations in the United States, and Canada, as well as Mexico, Russia, Dubai, and European countries. Airgas, Inc. was founded in 1982 and is based in Radnor, Pennsylvania.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Transport Shuttle Driver
- Shuttle Driver - Class A - CDL
- Shuttle Driver - CDL
- Shuttle Driver - Houston Methodist Hospital Medical Office B...
View More Jobs in La Porte, TX:
- View More Jobs in La Porte, TX
- More Driver Shuttle Jobs in La Porte, TX
- More Trucking Jobs in La Porte, TX
- More Airgas, Inc Jobs in La Porte, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Driver Shuttle Jobs in Texas
- More Trucking Jobs in La Porte, TX
- More Airgas, Inc Jobs in Texas