Distribution Center Operation ManagerMichaels Stores - Lancaster, CA
Franais (CA)Jump toToggle navigation
View All Jobs
Instructions on this Page
Help on this Page
Distribution Center Operation Manager - (DC.18.11)
Organizational Unit Michaels - Logistics/ Supply Chain - Distribution Centers
Location LANCASTER, CA 93534 US (Primary)
Job Level Grade Category Distribution Centers
The following information will be used to market price your position and your text will become part of your job posting. Include the primary activities of this role. These should be 5-8 specific statements describing the important functions or accountabilities necessary to accomplish this roles objectives. Include the approximate amount of time as a percentage of the total work year. Include only those activities that account for 10% or more time. Total should equal 100%.
Job Description *
Responsible for the safe, timely, and efficient operation of the department. Manages warehouse coach(es) and associates within the department. Ensures the department operates effectively in accordance with all company policies, applicable laws, procedures and the General Manager?s objectives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Manages the receiving, storing, picking, handling, and shipping of merchandise or materials. Is familiar with warehouse concepts, practices, and procedures. Creates plans and schedules based on experience and sound judgement in support of department goals and objectives. Maintains safety and quality control standards. Develops, counsels, and contributes to associate performance appraisals as directed by management. Displays key success factors such as integrity, trust, and approachability.
Problem Solving Skills:
1. Works as a strategic partner to identify and recommend new methods and systems.
2. Continually looks for ways to simplify and improve complex processes.
3. Minimize shrinkage through accurate control of merchandise and related paperwork.
4. Maintains a high level of safety awareness by identifying and resolving safety issues in a timely manner.
5. Effectively manages conflict through the use of good listening skills and is able to recommend solutions which maintain equity and provide win-win opportunities.
6. Ability to make solid and timely decisions in a fast paced environment with limited amounts of information.
1. Continually assesses manpower needs and achieves effective labor planning for the department to increase effectiveness.
2. Maintains workflow efficiency by monitoring reports, observation, and redirecting problem areas.
3. Meets or reduces budgeted expenses within the department.
4. Displays effective time mgmt and multi-tasking ability
5. Sets appropriate priorities
1. Provides communication, direction, leadership and timely information to associates, coach, assistant general manager, and the general manager
2. Communicates with other management team members to ensure safe, efficient, and productive work environment
3. Displays above average written communication skills
4. Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills
5. Possesses strong interpersonal skills
6. Communicates in a timely and appropriate manner
7. Keeps management and associates appropriately informed
1. Provide an environment that promotes quality customer service to both internal and external customers
2. Ensures the department has proper equipment and properly trained personnel to perform work duties. This includes the certification of associates using material handling equipment.
3. Determines and provides necessary training
4. Ensure associates are informed and comply with all company policies, including safety, productivity, and quality guidelines
5. Documenting and reporting company policy violations. Issue disciplinary counseling to associates when necessary
6. Effectively counsels associates
7. Completes performance appraisals in a timely and accurate manner
8. Develops direct reports
9. Motivates/empowers others
10. Creates a positive team mentality
1. Review and respond to reports
2. Ensures required department reports and logs are accurate and up to date
3. Analyzes productivity
4. Determines and maintains quality standards
Knowledge of warehouse concepts
Possess ability to lift 50 pounds
College degree preferred or 4 years previous supervisory or management experience
Computer literate (MS Office Suite and other DC specific systems/applications) v18.104.22.168
Privacy Rights | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us
2016 Michaels Stores. Michaels and the Michaels logo and other trademarks and logos used on this site are owned or licensed by Michaels Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
19 days 7 hours ago
applyDistribution Center Operation Manager Michaels Stores - Lancaster, CA, United States
On March 28, 2007, our Board of Directors approved certain amendments to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. The principal changes to the Code relate to the removal of provisions of the Code that are applicable to a public company with equity securities listed on the New York Stock Exchange. As Michaels no longer has equity securities listed on the New York Stock Exchange (or any other national securities exchange), our Board of Directors deemed it appropriate at this time to revise our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics to reflect this fact.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Lancaster, CA:
- View More Jobs in Lancaster, CA
- More Distribution Center Operation Manager Jobs in Lancaster, CA
- More Retail Jobs in Lancaster, CA
- More Michaels Stores Jobs in Lancaster, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Distribution Center Operation Manager Jobs in California
- More Retail Jobs in Lancaster, CA
- More Michaels Stores Jobs in California