Distribution Center ManagerOwens & Minor, Inc. - Flower Mound, TX
Description Job Title Distribution Center Manager Location Flower Mound, TX, US Organization Name 41 Dallas DC Department Description For more than a century, Owens & Minor has engaged in medical and surgical supply distribution, developing an unparalleled level of customer-service and supply-chain experience in healthcare. Today, we handle more than $8 billion in distribution business annually, using state-of-the-art forecasting and planning systems to ensure that customers have the products they need when they need them. Whether engaged simply to deliver products more efficiently, or to design a customized delivery system from bulk distribution to low unit of measure, just-in-time or stockless services, Owens & Minor has the capability to respond to any customer with quality and value. Brief Description A critical position to both the Distribution Center and the Company's success, this role provides leadership for all warehouse functions. The Center Manager partners with the General Manager and DC Leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and achieve stated business goals. The Center Manager will be responsible for effectively managing the distribution center operations including warehousing. Detailed Description ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Manages and coordinates the unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments.
2. Manages teammates that verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all products are properly counted.
3. Manages the distribution center transportation fleet including delivery expense, routing, DOT compliance, and hiring drivers.
4. Manages the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment. Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment and prepares work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
5. Establishes and manages work schedules and ensures that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
6. Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area and assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse.
7. Manages total adherence to all Federal and State statutes regarding warehouse operation including DOH, Board of Pharmacy, DOT, FDA and OSHA regulations.
8. Manages movement of products to storage areas with proper equipment and efficiently stacks and stores the merchandise in the appropriate area.
9. Responsible for inventory control by coordinating and/or checking in product returns and updates inventory balances on hand. Ensures all practices and procedures comply with audit requirements and meet operational standards.
10. Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with such activities as production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
11. Directs salvage of damaged or used material.
12. Supervises the accuracy of all shipping documents -- gathers and maintains all data records relative to shipping activities.
13. Screens and hires warehouse personnel and issues work assignments. Conducts, hires, develops, counsels, and provides training for new warehouse teammates.
14. Responsible for process improvement and process management of all inbound receiving, put-away, picking, shipping and inventory control.
15. Manages and develops supervisory staff that leads the warehouse teammates.
16. Maintains warehouse budget and controls spending for supplies, warehouse labor and transportation expense on a daily basis.
17. Performs additional duties as directed. Job Requirements EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE: 1. Undergraduate Degree in Business or related field. 2. Extensive Professional Development within the Areas of Distribution/Logistics Operations and Supply Chain Management. 3. Proven History of Leadership within within the Areas of Distribution/Logistics Operations and Supply Chain Management. 4. Minimum of 10 Years of Functional Experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: 1. Well Developed and Proven Leadership of Complex Business Operations. 2. Strategic Mindset with a Deep Functional Knowledge of the Distribution industry. 3. Healthcare Industry Experience is Strongly Preferred. 4. Exceptional Communication skills . 5. Solid Financial Management skills. 6. Flexibility With an Ability to Lead and work as part of a team. 7. Customer First Focus. Additional Details EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Handtruck, catalogs, charts, forms, inventories, manuals, pen, pencil, CRT, handbooks, forklift, ruler, reference books, lift trucks, and pallet jack.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Hand truck, catalogs, charts, forms, inventories, manuals, pen, pencil, CRT, handbooks, forklift, ruler, reference books, lift trucks, and pallet jack.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
Inside working conditions. No environmental hazards indicated for this classification.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
TYPE OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Acuity, far Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more.
Acuity, near Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less
Field of Vision Observing and area that can be seen up and in a given point. This factor is important when job performance requires seeing a large area while keeping the eyes fixed.
Accommodation Adjustment of lens of eye to bring an object into sharp focus. This item is especially important when doing near-point work at varying distances from eye.
Climbing Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps poles, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
Stooping Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Crouching Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Reaching Extending hands(s) and arm(s) in any direction
Handling Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are in extension of the hand.
Talking Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work. Talking is important for those activities in which workers must impart oral information to clients or to the publics, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing Perceiving the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities which require ability to receive detailed information through oral communications, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on running engines.
Smelling Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or recognizing particular flavors and/or odors, using tongue and/or noise. How To Apply Amount of Travel No Travel
10 days 21 hours ago
applyDistribution Center Manager Owens & Minor, Inc. - Flower Mound, TX, United States
Owens & Minor, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a healthcare logistics company. The company offers supply chain assistance to the providers of healthcare services; and the manufacturers of healthcare products, supplies, and devices. Its service portfolio consists of procurement, inventory management, delivery, and sourcing for the healthcare market. The company also provides supplier management, analytics, outsourced resource management, clinical supply management, and business process consulting services; and warehousing and transportation solutions comprising storage, controlled-substance handling, cold-chain. The company delivers its services through fleet of trucks, common carrier, or parcel services. Owens & Minor, Inc. was founded in 1882 and headquartered in Mechanicsville, Virginia.
View More Jobs in Flower Mound, TX:
- View More Jobs in Flower Mound, TX
- More Distribution Center Manager Jobs in Flower Mound, TX
- More Healthcare Jobs in Flower Mound, TX
- More Owens & Minor, Inc. Jobs in Flower Mound, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Distribution Center Manager Jobs in Texas
- More Healthcare Jobs in Flower Mound, TX
- More Owens & Minor, Inc. Jobs in Texas