DispatcherThe Travelers Indemnity Company. - Buffalo, NY
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Assign Auto Physical Damage claims to appropriate field appraisers and independents including Mendota and Legacy St Paul claims. Coordinate and monitor appraiser activities to ensure prompt inspections and maximization of appraisal resources.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assign Auto Physical Damage claims (CL and PL) to appropriate field appraisers and independents including Mendota and Legacy St Paul claims. 2. Proactively follow-up on pending appraisals for assignment, upload and/or status. Maintain contact with and track appraisers throughout the day. Coordinate activities i.e., scheduling, alerting/assigning them to new assignments in a given territory etc. Balance daily workloads and shift resources as necessary to achieve optimal productivity. 3. Manage assignments within dedicated territories, including Independent Appraisers (IA). Ensure compliance with claim strategies. 4. Accurately input information into claim system. 5. Consistently provide superior customer service to internal and external customers. 6. Direct information in real-time to appropriate system or staff. 7. Identify opportunities to remap/realign territories to be more effective and communicate proposal to local leadership. 8. Document changes to assignments in file notes.
High School Degree or GED with one year of work and/or customer service related experience OR Associate Degree required. Experience utilizing computer technology; such as Microsoft Office, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree with 2 years of work and/or customer service related experience preferred. Some claim experience preferred
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Strong communications skills Must have strong keyboard skills and PC experience in Windows environments, including Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software. COMPETENCIES: 1. Strong customer focus. 2. Strong communication and telephone skills. Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner. 3. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. 4. Solid organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, problem solve, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines. 5. Strong detail orientation. 6. Ability to determine geographic locations, including map reading ability. 7. Must be a self starter with ability to work well as part of a team and independently. 8. Ability to negotiate and manage effectively with conflict. 9. Flexibility and willingness to participate in a rotating shift to include day into early evening hours with some weekend hours. 10. Demonstrated sense of urgency. 11. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this job at http://travelersindex.contacthr.com/58584136
View More The Travelers Companies, Inc. Jobs
10 days 4 hours ago
applyDispatcher The Travelers Indemnity Company. - Buffalo, NY, United States
In an uncertain world, Travelers is an insurance leader, committed to keeping pace with the ever-changing needs of our customers, and anticipating their needs for the future. There is no stronger testament to our dedication to protecting customers from loss than our continued innovation and ability to transform our industry.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Drafter - Architectural
- Architectural Drafting Specialist
- Freight Broker Agent - Experience Required
- Customer Service Coordinator
View More Jobs in Buffalo, NY:
- View More Jobs in Buffalo, NY
- More Dispatcher Jobs in Buffalo, NY
- More The Travelers Indemnity Company. Jobs in Buffalo, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Dispatcher Jobs in New York
- More The Travelers Indemnity Company. Jobs in New York