Dispatcher (3087)Commercial Metals Company - Dallas, TX
Dallas, TX (0165)
Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a Dispatcher to join our team and be a part of the South Dallas Recycling group. The Dispatcher is responsible for communicating, scheduling, and coordinating with owned trucks, dedicated fleets, and outside carriers on back haul shipments, inbound receivables, and freight for hire customers. This is an hourly position. Business hours are Monday-Friday 7:00AM – 4:00PM, with some Saturdays, overtime can be expected to accommodate business needs.
CMC offers training and development opportunities for employees to acquire and enhance new skills and knowledge. Advancement opportunities are also available for those who have the desire for professional growth. CMC’s competitive compensation package includes: medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability, company matching 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Determines safe and most efficient routing and method of transportation.• Controls scheduling of shipments by notifying departments or customers of arrival/pickup dates.• Provides information by answering questions and requests.• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.• Maintains inter- and interdepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.• Provides information by answering questions and requests.• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.• Dispatcher communicates with truck drivers through computer software, cell phones or two way radios• Receives calls from customers for dispatching; obtains trucking rates for incoming & outgoing shipments.• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Excellent computer skills required (Microsoft office, Microsoft Excel)• SAP system experience preferred• 5 years experience dispatching commercial trucks• Excellent math/verbal /written skills• Function in a steady fast pace environment• Communication with shippers, carriers, marketing and customers• Multi-task between computers and phones• Good communication and interpersonal skills• Self-motivated• High attention to detail
• High School Diploma or GED required, some college preferred
8 days 20 hours ago
applyDispatcher (3087) Commercial Metals Company - Dallas, TX, United States
Commercial Metals Company is a global, low-cost metals recycling, manufacturing, fabricating, and trading enterprise. Our vertical integration model revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today. Originating in 1915 with a single recycling location, we have progressively moved into higher value downstream segments of the steel value chain. With corporate headquarters in Irving, Texas, today we operate in four primary business segments at over 200 locations and in more than 20 countries
View More Jobs in Dallas, TX:
- View More Jobs in Dallas, TX
- More Dispatcher (3087) Jobs in Dallas, TX
- More Commercial Metals Company Jobs in Dallas, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Dispatcher (3087) Jobs in Texas
- More Commercial Metals Company Jobs in Texas