Director of Sales EffectivenessState Street Corporation. - Boston, MA
The institutional asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products; they need a trusted partner and advisor with a deep understanding of their needs who can help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is seeking a motivated Director of Sales Effectiveness who can enable and empower our institutional sales team to excel in this environment. Are you that catalyst?
As the Director of Sales Effectiveness within SSGA’s Americas Institutional Client Group (ICG), you will develop and lead initiatives designed to drive improvement in the efficiency and efficacy of our sales process and outcomes with sophisticated clients. This will include you crafting and implementing a sales curriculum, in partnership with State Street’s Learning and Development Team, designed to hone business development skills, deepen product knowledge, and drive consistent messaging throughout the sales lifecycle. You will do this in close collaboration with our investment, product and marketing teams, as well as our centralized learning and development resources. You will be part of a talented team responsible for driving new business by meeting the evolving needs of prospective and existing clients.
To be successful, you will need a deep knowledge of our investment strategies, service offerings, operational capabilities, culture and vision. Due to the breadth of our product offering, and the complex nature of our clients’ needs, building positive relationships across the entire organization will be essential to your success. You will also partner with colleagues in other regions of the world to ensure global coordination in our approach to sales effectiveness and curriculum. Your interactions will take many forms, including participating in projects and strategies related to complex client opportunities. You will also be responsible for broader, more thematic initiatives to continuously improve our engagement with clients in ways that make them think of us first when they have an investment problem or challenge. Can you lead and empower others to do more than they thought possible? This may be the right next challenge for you.
This role is part of the Americas Institutional Client Group and you will report to the Chief Operating Officer of that business.
This position requires:
• You have 5-10 years of experience working with institutional asset management clients in a sales, relationship management or similar capacity
• You are proficient at navigating complex client relationships
• You have an expert understanding of the institutional marketplace and evolving client needs and expectations
• Experience coaching or training salespeople to drive better sales skill, efficiency and outcomes
• You are collaborative by nature with the capability to help others achieve more
• Comprehension of our capabilities, investment strategies and services to deliver solutions that help clients achieve their objectives
• Partnership with new business development teams to develop and execute strategies to drive growth in focus products and strategies
• You are skilled at demonstrating, and effectively reinforcing, the importance of consistent accountability and ownership for setting and achieving goals
• Strong interpersonal, project planning and execution skills
• The skill to lead, prioritize and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
• An ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with both clients and internal partners
• You are able to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• You have a positive attitude that motivates and inspires others
• BS or BA required
• CFA and/or MBA preferred
About State Street
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses the values of our company. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
5 days 19 hours ago
applyDirector of Sales Effectiveness State Street Corporation. - Boston, MA, United States
State Street is a leading financial services provider serving some of the world’s most sophisticated institutions. We offer a flexible suite of services that spans the investment spectrum, including investment management, research and trading, and investment servicing.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director, Sales & Partner Enablement
- District Sales Manager
- Assistant Director -Marketing & Sales Analytics
- VP Segment GM
View More Jobs in Boston, MA:
- View More Jobs in Boston, MA
- More Director of Sales Effectiveness Jobs in Boston, MA
- More Sales Jobs in Boston, MA
- More State Street Corporation. Jobs in Boston, MA
View More Jobs in Massachusetts:
- View More Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Director of Sales Effectiveness Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Sales Jobs in Boston, MA
- More State Street Corporation. Jobs in Massachusetts