Director of Marketing and College RelationsRhodes State College - Lima, OH
Reporting to the President, the Director of Marketing & College Relations must bring creativity, possess high ethical standards and provide administrative oversight over marketing, advertising, media & web, & college relations functions. This individual must work collegially within a shared governance structure with faculty and staff to promote a climate of student success in an institution which has experienced considerable growth, innovation and change. Serving as a key member of senior leadership, the Director provides support to the President in the oversight of all aspects of the Colleges marketing efforts to develop, implement, evaluate and refine a comprehensive marketing & college relations campaign. The Director assures that the brand image and culture of Rhodes State is identified and effectively communicated, is consistent in all publications, and the presentation in advertising, publications and the website are relevant, accurate and engaging. The functional areas reporting to the Director are multi-media productions, college relations, graphic design & web design.
The Office of the Director of Marketing & College Relations supports the Office of the President. The Director is specifically responsible to:
- Provide leadership, vision and energy for the strategic development and oversight of comprehensive marketing and media relations plans and products for the College and its various divisions;
- Work collaboratively with the President and the Executive Team to ensure that all marketing functions are aligned with the Colleges mission, vision and strategic priorities;
- Support the institutions strategic plan, manage its reputation, and monitor and advise College leadership on public issues most likely to affect its future;
- Plan, develop, direct and administer the Colleges marketing activities through an integrated approach of internal and external communication, media relations, media buying, social media, advertising production, graphic design, and the website;
- Assist with all phases of planning & preparation for various events and serve on appropriate College and community committees;
- Work to maintain a media relations program, and assist with preparing the College for local, regional and national media opportunities;
- Coordinate the assessments of internal and external publics to determine the effectiveness of the Colleges marketing programs and activities;
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the reporting units and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses and the overall assessment of the unit;
- Oversee the use of the Colleges name and brand and develop policies and standards to build equity and enhance the image of the College;
- Work with internal constituencies in delivering key messages and communication strategies;
- Serve as a primary writer for publications, marketing & promotional materials and direct ongoing and targeted outreach programs for students and other constituents;
- Identify opportunities to enhance the Colleges relationship with its internal and external markets & constituents;
- Assist with the development and implementation of crisis & emergency communication policies & strategies;
- Other duties as assigned.
A bachelors degree in marketing, media and or public relations, or closely related field is required, masters degree is strongly preferred. Must have a minimum of seven years demonstrated successful experience leading marketing efforts, including progressive supervisory experience. Must have a knowledge of social media, marketing, advertising and media relations.
Must possess strong communications leadership, organizational, planning and analytical skills and demonstrate ability to solve problems and work as a team player. Must have documented creativity in developing and executing innovative strategies for growth that drive the institutional market position and revenues. Must have experience in brand development and management, and a comfort level with new and emerging social media technologies.
Must have ability to develop, implement, and evaluate public opinion and related data collection vehicles. Must be able to multi-task and have experience fostering a collaborative, diverse and proactive team environment. Must be able to adapt to change & work nontraditional hours as needed. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Programs (Photoshop & InDesign); Adobe Dreamweaver & Illustrator is a plus. Experience working in an academic setting is preferred.
Commensurate with academic preparation and experience, with the full benefits package.
Submit materials electronically to the Office for Human Resources, Rhodes State College. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications must include a letter of interest outlining background and qualifications, all unofficial transcripts, a resume and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers (work and home/cell) of at least seven professional references. References are contacted at the point when applicants advance through the interview process. Applicants who are invited to the interview process will be required to undergo a background check & complete and submit a College employment application.
Rhodes State College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and employees with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Rhodes State College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
The Director of Human Resources, located in Room 223 of the Public Service Building, telephone ************, coordinates the colleges compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Rhodes State College
Rhodes State College is a public, state-assisted institution of higher learning which is chartered to provide degree granting career education programs, non-credit workforce development, and consulting for business and industry. The college prepares students for entry into careers, develops the regional workforce through credit and non-credit occupational training, and offers curricular programs that prepare students for transfer completion baccalaureate programs at selected colleges and universities. Contact Info
- 4240 Campus Drive
Lima, OH 45804
- Office for Human Resources
- Phone: ************
View Company Profile
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
17 days 15 hours ago
Rhodes State College
applyDirector of Marketing and College Relations Rhodes State College - Lima, OH, United States
Rhodes State College is a public, state-assisted institution of higher learning which is chartered to provide degree granting career education programs, non-credit workforce development, and consulting for business and industry. The college prepares students for entry into careers, develops the regional workforce through credit and non-credit occupational training, and offers curricular programs that prepare students for transfer completion baccalaureate programs at selected colleges and universities. With over 4,100 students, the college’s core institutional values of integrity, caring, responsibility, respect, and quality guide its policies and practices.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Associate Director of Marketing for Graduate and Adult Progr...
- Director of Marketing - Admission & Enrollment
Los Angeles, CA
- Director of Marketing - Admission and Enrollment
Los Angeles, CA
- Director of Development, Pamplin College of Business
- Director of Marketing
View More Jobs in Lima, OH:
- View More Jobs in Lima, OH
- More Director of Marketing and College Relations Jobs in Lima, OH
- More Marketing Jobs in Lima, OH
- More Media Jobs in Lima, OH
- More Rhodes State College Jobs in Lima, OH
View More Jobs in Ohio:
- View More Jobs in Ohio
- More Director of Marketing and College Relations Jobs in Ohio
- More Marketing Jobs in Lima, OH
- More Media Jobs in Lima, OH
- More Rhodes State College Jobs in Ohio