Director of Corporate CommunicationsPerdue Incorporated - Salisbury, MD
The Director of Corporate Communications is responsible for planning and implementing various internal and external communications projects for Perdue Farms. This role is engaged in all stages of communications initiatives – including concept formulation, execution, message development and strategic counsel. The successful candidate must have a strong background in both internal and external communications, including experience in both corporate and product public relations. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, a proven ability to consistently make sound judgments, engage and build trust with senior executives and effectively collaborate with others while driving measurable results.
1. Develop and execute multiplatform communications strategies and plans.
2. Assist in directing Perdue’s earned media strategy, to support the company's strategic business priorities and measurably enhance the company's reputation.
3. Editing and copywriting for all internal and external communications.
4. Handle crisis communications and provide communications support for recalls and market withdrawals, business interruptions and other unplanned events.
5. Assist other departments with communication needs and communication planning; act as a trusted advisor to the leadership team on communication subjects.
6. Develop and execute strategies and messages to support effective, timely and accurate communications to internal and external stakeholders.
7. Plan and oversee media outreach and events, including, but not limited to, story pitching, press releases and media materials and media tours. Serve as company spokesperson as needed.
8. Measure communication program effectiveness and adjusting as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related major plus 7-10 years in-house or agency public relations or communications experience. Must have experience with a consumer-facing company and or knowledge of food and agriculture production. Candidate must be a self-starter who works well both independently and as part of a team.
Ability to work with media, including experience as a company spokesperson
Detail-oriented, analytical thinker comfortable working with executive level decision makers
Skilled in synthesizing complex business and industry issues/concepts into relevant and compelling communications for a variety of audiences.
Ability to work with executive level decision makers
Ability to create content across a full range of media
Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting internal and client materials and correspondence
Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
6 days 21 hours ago
applyDirector of Corporate Communications Perdue Incorporated - Salisbury, MD, United States
Perdue Farms is the family-owned parent company of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone we touch through innovative food and agricultural products.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Corporate Communications
View More Jobs in Salisbury, MD:
- View More Jobs in Salisbury, MD
- More Director of Corporate Communications Jobs in Salisbury, MD
- More PR Jobs in Salisbury, MD
- More Perdue Incorporated Jobs in Salisbury, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More Director of Corporate Communications Jobs in Maryland
- More PR Jobs in Salisbury, MD
- More Perdue Incorporated Jobs in Maryland