Director of Business DevelopmentMarathon Petroleum Corporation - Houston, TX
Company Name: MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
Location Name: MPC Houston TX Tower
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Senior (11+ Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Primary focus is to aggressively grow the existing and future MarkWest assets through identification of potential producer customers, evaluating and analyzing producer needs, providing innovative solutions to producer requirements, and completing effective contract negotiations. Position will be an integral member of the Business Unit team and must be willing to work collaboratively with operations, engineering, contract administration, legal, accounting, gas marketing and business development subordinates to jointly grow MarkWest assets.
• Is responsible for all Business Development activities associated with assigned assets.
• Develops economic models and performs economic analysis.
• Identifies, develops and implements strategies to add new sources of gas and new customers to MarkWest.
• Develops innovative, customer-responsive engineering and business solutions aimed at providing quality services to producers while increasing cash flow for MarkWest.
• Negotiates and/or re-negotiates gas gathering, transportation, and processing agreements with customers for gas gathering systems, processing plants and fractionation services.
• Works closely with engineering, management and operations to evaluate project scope and capital spending requirements for new commercial projects.
• Works closely with engineering, management and operations to evaluate and set contract rates and capital spending requirements for gas connections to MarkWest systems.
• Works closely with Contract Administration, MarkWest Legal and Revenue Accounting to ensure consistency, correct application, and proper record management of contracts.
• Develops and maintains relationships with producer customers, marketing companies, professional organizations and competitors to enhance our chances of growing MarkWest systems.
• Is intimately familiar with all contracts in the operating area and proactively pursues new contracts prior to their expiration dates.
• Monitors industry activities, new drilling and other new business opportunities and develops plans for capturing new business.
• Works closely with Asset Teams, Business Development Peers, SVP, and EVPs , to grow business throughout MarkWest assets.
• Works with assigned producer customers to obtain and update drilling, completion, and production forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Regular meetings with assigned customers as required to gain a deep understanding of their current and future needs.
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in natural gas midstream required. Oil gathering or NGL experience a plus. Background in contracts and negotiations and economic modeling required.
• Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering degree strongly preferred.
• Must be able to develop and modify economic models and perform complex economic analysis to evaluate and justify new projects.
• Must possess design engineering experience or understanding/knowledge of pipelines, compression and natural gas processing and treating plants.
• Must possess strong leadership, people, and customer relations skills and have numerous contacts throughout the industry.
• Must be able to quickly and accurately analyze business opportunities and capitalize on potential new business.
• Must be a self-starter and have the strong ability to successfully initiate and pursue business opportunities with minimal oversight or direction.
• Must be a great team player and be able to work closely with other MarkWest associates including business development, executives, engineering, operations, contract administration, gas marketing and revenue accounting functions all focused toward the closing and ongoing maintenance of new business ventures..
• Proven track record of completing successful negotiations.
• Strong written and verbal communications.
• Strong work ethic and respect among industry peers in areas of honesty, integrity, and business knowledge.
This position requires sitting throughout most of the day, including airline and auto travel. It will involve some lifting and filing.
On occasion there will be outside office assignments that can involve walking around construction sites, industrial locations, field and/or wooded areas.
Generally working in an office environment, however, may require visiting and walking around some construction, industrial sites and farms , driving on rural roads, and other field locations, to acquire familiarity with facilities, properties and settings.
Materials and Equipment Used:
The materials and equipment used on a regular basis will be a personal computer, smart phone, copier, scanner, and map printer.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nation's third-largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.8 million barrels per calendar day in its seven-refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,500 independently owned retail outlets across 19 states. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nation's second-largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX LP, is one of the largest processors of natural gas in the U.S. MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude and light product pipelines and more than 5,600 miles of gas gathering and natural gas liquids (NGL) pipelines.
MPC's fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum-related products efficiently through the company's distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
Job Function: MarkWest
Travel Expected: Up to 25%
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at 866-492-7802. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (MPC) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.
9 days 23 hours ago
applyDirector of Business Development Marathon Petroleum Corporation - Houston, TX, United States
Marathon Petroleum Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in refining, transporting, and marketing petroleum products primarily in the United States. It operates through three segments: Refining & Marketing, Speedway, and Pipeline Transportation. The company refines crude oil and other feed stocks at its seven refineries in the Gulf Coast and Midwest regions of the United States; and purchases ethanol and refined products for resale. Its refined products include gasoline, distillates, propane, feed stocks and special products, heavy fuel oil, and asphalt. The company is headquartered in Findlay, Ohio.Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is in the business of creating value for our shareholders through the quality products and services we provide for our customers. We strongly believe how we conduct our business is just as integral to our bottom line. As a result, we strive to always act responsibly with those who work for us, with those business partners who work with us, and in every community where we operate.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Business Development
- Business Development Manager
- Director of Sales
- Senior Director of Marketing
- Sales & Catering Coordinator
View More Jobs in Houston, TX:
- View More Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Director of Business Development Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Marathon Petroleum Corporation Jobs in Houston, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Director of Business Development Jobs in Texas
- More Marathon Petroleum Corporation Jobs in Texas