Director Supply ChainExterran Holdings, Inc. - Houston, TX
Responsible for the overall strategy of materials for the Global manufacturing group.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Directs the execution of the company's Procurement & Materials functions with relation the Manufacturing.
· Develops, implements, and enforces the company's global procurement and materials policies for manufacturing, building advantageous supplier relationships, and developing region procurement and materials functions to support manufacturing operations within a given location or region.
· Responsible for multiple functions within supply chain including, materials planning, purchasing, materials control, and warehouse functions in a multi location environments.
· Responsible for a global inventory and strategy of the overall materials management for the manufacturing organization.
· Supports business objectives related to customer service, on-time delivery, inventory size and cost, etc through strategic materials management plans.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining materials planning strategies to be implemented via databases such as Oracle, etc.
· Ensure optimal output through MRP management.
· Develop cross-functional disposition plan to address slow moving or obsolete materials.
· Create and monitor metrics related to Inventory Turn to improve overall inventory management
· Provide reports on key performance metrics related to Inventory Turn.
· Develop procurement plans and strategies that actively measure supply needs with supplier performance and purchase price variances.
· Establish regional price agreements and contracts with suppliers to gain the best cost value for the company
· Develop, implement and maintain and Inventory Cycle system that achieves a 99% accurate count of real time inventory levels and needs to ensure material control through all manufacturing facilities.
· Develop, implement, and maintain department work procedures. Identify and implement process improvement ideas.
Required Skills or Tools:
· 10-15 years materials management experience in a Capital Equipment Rental or Manufacturing environment or equivalent experience with a CPM or CPIM. 5 – 10 years of supervisory and/or management experience.
· Thorough knowledge of MRP, inventory management and warehouse management concepts.
· Thorough knowledge of integrated business systems, Oracle preferred, and Microsoft office products.
· Strong demonstrated leadership skills. Highly motivated and ability to motivate others.
· BA/BS with 15 years materials management experience in a Capital Equipment Rental or Manufacturing environment, or equivalent experience with a CPM or CPIM.
· Must be able to work under pressure
· Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
· Must be able to travel internationally
Apply To This Job
View Mobile Career Center
9 days 14 hours ago
applyDirector Supply Chain Exterran Holdings, Inc. - Houston, TX, United States
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage Exterran Holdings (NYSE: EXH) is a $2.7 billion publicly traded company with about 10,000 dedicated professionals working in more than 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent E&P and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Steel Sourcing
- Sr Financial Analyst - Supply Chain
Sugar Land, TX
- Supply Chain Manager
View More Jobs in Houston, TX:
- View More Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Director Supply Chain Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Logistics Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Exterran Holdings, Inc. Jobs in Houston, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Director Supply Chain Jobs in Texas
- More Logistics Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Exterran Holdings, Inc. Jobs in Texas