Director Product InnovationAbbott - Alameda, CA
Identifies, defines and advances new products and programs for ADC’s global innovation pipeline, to achieve strategic and financial goals. Champions market feasibility and business case development across GSM Innovation. Leads selected projects from market analysis and ideation to product profile and commercial strategy through phases 0 to 2 in ADC’s NPI process, including design development, commercial and financial planning. Engages with ADC’s Commercial Organization to gain strategic alignment and build early stage commercial plan. Collaborates with GSM Business Development in identifying potential partnerships for innovation.
Leads cross-functional groups through ideation, requirements gathering, planning, assumption testing and issue resolution activities. Accountable for tactical and operational project decisions as well as project budget.
· Proactively explore innovation opportunities driven by technology, consumer needs and market opportunities
· Lead early stage market analysis, research, ideation and design concept development, together with related GSM, R&D and Commercial functions
· Lead NPI process phases 0-2:
0: Market analysis, product definition/concept, feasibility/risk assessment, financial opportunity
1: Product profile, system concept, use environment, cost/revenue sensitivity
2: User requirements, cross-functional assessment, commercial strategy
· Prepare leadership updates and align cross-functional teams as well as commercial organizations
· Screen, select and manage external experts and consultants and ensure satisfactory standards of service
• Preferred candidates should have a consulting background and/or relevant product management experience
• Preferred candidates should have managed a P&L in a medical device, consumer health tech or similar field
• Preferred candidates have self-driven, agile, curious and passionate personalities and can communicate effectively to a diverse set of audiences (commercial, technical, science, medical, leadership, external)
• Preferred candidates have a proven ability to drive projects across matrix organizations and leverage lateral influencing
• Minimum 5 years of industry or related industry experience
• Capability to travel 15% to 20%
BA/BS experience, MBA preferred or equivalent experience
Market Development and Research
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott
has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott
come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott
, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott
welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
8 days 15 hours ago
applyDirector Product Innovation Abbott - Alameda, CA, United States
We’re dedicated to fulfilling the promise of human potential, in all places, in all aspects and stages of life. We believe that health is the key to that promise. Because at our healthiest, we’re capable of achieving anything. And that’s why our pursuit of helping people achieve their best health at every life stage will never end. This is how we put that belief into practice each and every day.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Culinary Innovation
- Dir of Product Management
San Francisco, CA
- PRODUCT MANAGER
Palo Alto, CA
- Sr. Program Manager, Listing Policy Marketplace
San Bruno, CA
- Brand Manager / Director
View More Jobs in Alameda, CA:
- View More Jobs in Alameda, CA
- More Director Product Innovation Jobs in Alameda, CA
- More Abbott Jobs in Alameda, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Director Product Innovation Jobs in California
- More Abbott Jobs in California