Director Governmental & Reg AffairsCalpine. - Houston, TX
Director Governmental & Reg Affairs
Subject to DOT Regulations
Percent of Travel Required
Reporting to the SVP, Governmental & Regulatory Affairs, this position is responsible for managing Calpine’s ERCOT market regulatory activities for assets located within ERCOT
• Direct internal and external resources to maximize value of Calpine’s assets by proactively proposing new rules or changes to existing rules within ERCOT stakeholder processes.
• Develop ERCOT market design policies and rules in coordination with Calpine’s Origination, Development, Power Operations, and Legal departments. Perform and/or direct internal analyses of proposed market changes.
• Advocate for or against ERCOT market design rules by representing Calpine within the ERCOT’s stakeholder processes, as well as before the Public Utility Commission of Texas, the Texas State Legislative and industry organizations. Build coalitions to achieve Calpine’s desired outcome.
• Actively communicate the status, timeline, and implications of various ongoing stakeholder discussions.
• Manage the activities of outside consultants and/or outside counsel. Identify and utilize outside services when it is cost effective.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, engineering, or related field required, Master’s Degree, or JD, is highly desirable.
Minimum 8 - 10 years’ experience in the electric power industry with demonstrated experience in electric system and/or power plant operations, structuring and drafting market rules, and effectively communicating with government and regulatory agencies. Specific experience in ERCOT energy markets is mandatory.
Experience with regulatory and market structure analysis and support of regulatory positions.
Very strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Located in Houston or Austin, must be willing to travel frequently to Austin to participate in stakeholder meetings.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
13 days 7 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Calpine Corporation is helping meet the needs of an economy that demands more and cleaner sources of electricity. Founded in 1984, Calpine is a major U.S. power company, capable of delivering more than 29,000 megawatts of clean, reliable and fuel-efficient electricity to customers and communities in 20 U.S. states and Canada. The company develops, constructs, owns and operates a modern and flexible fleet of low-carbon, natural gas-fired and renewable geothermal power plants. Using advanced technologies, Calpine generates electricity in a reliable and environmentally responsible manner for the customers and communities it serves.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Scientific & Reg Affairs
- Principal Contracts Negotiator (Draper, Utah)
- Associate Vice President, Faculty Affairs and Development
View More Jobs in Houston, TX:
- View More Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Director Governmental Reg Affairs Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Calpine. Jobs in Houston, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Director Governmental Reg Affairs Jobs in Texas
- More Calpine. Jobs in Texas