Director ASIC/ Layout DesignAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc. - San Diego, CA
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the extra mile to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Director ASIC/ Layout Design
* Work closely with the other members of the Radeon Technology Group Hardware IP technical management team to provide leadership and set goals and directions for the development of the next generation of graphics processing intellectual property.
* Provide leadership to one or more block development teams, which are responsible for block architecture, software modeling, RTL design, and verification. Have a strong emphasis on meeting program requirements regarding features and schedules.
* Provide first level management for your direct reports, including goal setting, coaching, performance appraisals, and compensation recommendations. Foster an environment for success within your team and coordinate the work of your team on development projects.
* Provide direct individual contributions as needed to ensure projects are completed on time and with high quality. Actively support our continuous process improvement projects.
* Provide product management for one or more projects as needed, including coordinating the work of the graphics development team with the other development teams in the company and with our customers.
* BSEE/MSEE Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering; MSEE or MSCE preferred.
* 10 years of ASIC development experience including familiarity with the entire ASIC development process and tools
* 5 years engineering management experience with a history of leading the development of successful high technology products
* Keen understanding of System Level issues & requirements
* Solid Verilog or VHDL and C/C and scripting skills
* Solid RTL Design, Validation, and Synthesis experience
* Full Chip Validation and debug experience in ASICs or large FPGAs
* Strong interpersonal skills that enables successful interaction with a large worldwide team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click for more information.
Nearest Major Market:
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
22 days 8 hours ago
applyDirector ASIC/ Layout Design Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - San Diego, CA, United States
We design and build the technology that accelerates and enhances the applications that power millions of computing devices, embedded and gaming systems, digital devices and cloud servers used every day in work and play.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Analog Mixed-Signal Sensors Engineer - QCT
- Staff ASICS Engineer
- Principal Electrical Design Engineer
View More Jobs in San Diego, CA:
- View More Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More Director ASIC Layout Design Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More Engineering Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Jobs in San Diego, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Director ASIC Layout Design Jobs in California
- More Engineering Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Jobs in California