Director, International TaxHyatt Hotels Corporation. - Chicago, IL
Responsible for executing Hyatt’s global tax strategy through leadership of international tax matters focusing primarily on the Asia Pacific region. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining multiple relationships involving extensive cross-functional collaboration. Daily tasks require both qualitative and quantitative analysis, resulting in both numeric and written work products. Up to 25% international travel should be expected. The ideal candidate should be located in (or willing to relocate to) either Chicago or Hong Kong.
Specific duties include:
• Directing tax efficient international tax planning, including coordination with Hyatt personnel (e.g., development, finance, legal, treasury) and local country tax advisors to structure global cash deployments, hotel management and franchise agreements, hotel debt or equity investments and transactional support.
• Collaborating with Hyatt finance personnel to implement local country planning, assess income tax risks and determine tax audit strategies.
• Developing and maintaining Hyatt’s global transfer pricing policies, including managing and review of US and local country transfer pricing documentation, with assistance from Hyatt finance personnel, and implementation of transfer pricing strategies in new markets.
• Supervising the completion of corporate income tax filings.
• Directing internal and external resources to manage local country tax audits and advising on audit strategy decisions.
• Monitoring legislative developments and advising on emerging tax related matters including income tax, indirect tax, and transfer pricing.
• Assisting with U.S. GAAP tax accounting matters including review of the foreign components of the effective tax rate and tax balance sheet accounts, computation of relevant U.S. international tax amounts, ensuring appropriate measurement of unrecognized tax benefits, and ensuring compliance with international tax internal controls.
• Supporting IRS audit matters including responding to IDRs and advising on audit strategy decisions.
• Developing and mentoring Hyatt’s tax professionals.
• Contributing to the continued improvement of Hyatt’s tax and finance processes.
• A minimum of 8-10 years of tax experience with a strong emphasis in international tax with a demonstrated ability to work on diverse and complex projects, prioritize effectively, and take a practical approach to resolving issues is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or other international tax relevant field required; Master’s degree or JD a strong plus.
• Public accounting experience preferred.
• International real estate or hospitality experience a strong plus.
• Exceptionally strong analytical, management, and communication skills required.
','US-IL-Chicago','','Hyatt Corporate Office','','Yearly','US Dollar (USD)','Director','Full-time','Accounting/Finance/Tax','Director, International Tax
11 days 22 hours ago
applyDirector, International Tax Hyatt Hotels Corporation. - Chicago, IL, United States
We are a global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by making a difference in the lives of the people we touch every day. We focus on this mission in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests, and owners. We support our mission and goal by adhering to a set of core values that characterizes our culture.
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Director International Tax Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Accounting Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Director International Tax Jobs in Illinois
- More Accounting Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Jobs in Illinois