Director, Information SystemsKemper Corporation. - Birmingham, AL
Kemper Services Group is seeking to hire an Information Systems Director for our Birmingham, Jacksonville or Dallas office. Under general direction, manage a number of departments, defined as an area, having significant impact on the company's objectives and results. Provides quality, timely and cost-effective Information Systems services in support of the company mission and strategies. Provides leadership in coordinating IS resources and projects with customers, vendors and other IS areas. Represents the company externally with Industry bodies and other partners.
Manage a team of internal and external contractors to execute large, cross functional Claims applications family including Guidewire Claims Center and internal/external application interfaces/services. The IS Director focuses on developing the transformation strategy, structuring and managing the delivery, and operating the legacy and modern Claims application systems platform. The scope of responsibilities will also include managing the transition from legacy to modern systems, and decommissioning of legacy applications.
The role includes overall responsibility for managing the claims platform across all lines of business and building the support organization for maintenance of the platform. The role requires deep claims and integration services processing experience and change management experience across IT and Business.
•Education equivalent to a college degree in computer science or related field, or the equivalent in related work experience
•10+ years experience in designing, building, and implementing large scale software solutions in the P&C insurance industry (Personal Lines experience a plus) which includes significant experience in project management
•GuideWire Claims implementation experience (Release 9.0+ preferred)
•Experience leading and building Information Systems delivery organizations
•10+ years of personnel management experience
•Experience managing the implementation of core insurance systems (e.g. policy management, billing , commissions, and claims, etc.)
•Experience developing, and operating application interface and services with internal Kemper and external 3rd parties
•Demonstrated leadership qualities communicating and reporting at the business and IT executive level
•Ability to run a project and ensure a successful project
•Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with stakeholders and senior business leadership of departments and customers participating in this project
•Ability to organize and work effectively with project teams made up of internal staff and/or external parties (agents, vendors, etc.)
•Demonstrated experience and relevant expertise in the configuration and deployment of IS business solutions
•Demonstrated experience with vendor management and contract structuring
•Ability to build consensus among business and technology stakeholders
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
-MO -CB -LJ -GD -IN -MSJ -PT
69 days 2 hours ago
applyDirector, Information Systems Kemper Corporation. - Birmingham, AL, United States
Kemper is a diversified insurance holding company with subsidiaries that provide an array of products to the individual and small business market. Kemper Personal and Commercial Lines sells Auto, Home and Package Plus policies through independent agencies. Kemper Specialty California sells personal Auto insurance in the state of California through independent agents and brokers to customers who may have had difficulties obtaining or maintaining insurance in the past. Kemper Direct sells Auto and Home by phone and online. Kemper also offers Life and Health Insurance through Kemper Home Service Companies and Reserve National.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director Commercial Software Engineering
- Associate Director, IT Security Compliance
- Information Security IAM Analyst Level 1
- Chief Information Officer, Surgical Care Affiliates
- Information Systems Analyst / Medical West Hospital
View More Jobs in Birmingham, AL:
- View More Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More Director Information Systems Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More IT Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More Kemper Corporation. Jobs in Birmingham, AL
View More Jobs in Alabama:
- View More Jobs in Alabama
- More Director Information Systems Jobs in Alabama
- More IT Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More Kemper Corporation. Jobs in Alabama