Director, IT Projects & Development T7633Targa Resources, Inc. - Houston, TX
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Director, IT Projects & Development for their office located in Houston, Texas
• Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
• Work with CIO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
• Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
• Stay abreast of business of business strategy, goals, objectives and operational performance
• Act as the point of contact and facilitate the demand and prioritization process
• Educate business partners on roles, responsibilities, processes and deliverables required to ensure effective delivery of new technology solutions
• Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
• Accountable for effective project management and delivery of work requests and projects within committed budget, schedule and quality for individual projects while also meeting overall department performance goals
• Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization
• Accountable for identifying needs, securing commitments and monitoring progress of deliverables from internal and external service provider teams
• Provide cost estimates and business case updates
• Accountable for ensuring technology solutions comply with architectural standards
• Responsible for communication of progress to senior IT and Business leadership
• Ensure that staff continue to foster good customer relationships and experiences with the business through good listening skills, anticipation of customer needs, as well as safeguarding customer satisfaction
• Accountable for employee reviews and personal development plans
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
• Managing a team of at least 20 members in application development, implementation or project management
• 12 plus years of experience in software design/development, application architecture, project management, software integration, data management/governance, business intelligence, and/or business process analysis
• 12 plus years of demonstrated leadership experience building cross-organizational consensus with exposure to technology providers and/or business clients
• 12 plus years of demonstrated experience managing a high-performing, cohesive team
• Experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Knowledge of the midstream (upstream, downstream) industry
• Microsoft certification(s)
• Working knowledge and experience in energy trading and risk management software (RightAngle, Aligne, Endur, Allegro)
• Working knowledge of industry leading corporate and financial applications (Oracle Cloud Financials, Hyperion, SharePoint, Maximo)
• PMP, ITIL, Six-Sigma or equivalent certification(s)
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
16 days 4 hours ago
applyDirector, IT Projects & Development T7633 Targa Resources, Inc. - Houston, TX, United States
Targa is a leading provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America. We own, operate, acquire, and develop a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets.
View More Jobs in Houston, TX:
- View More Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Director IT Projects Development T7633 Jobs in Houston, TX
- More IT Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Targa Resources, Inc. Jobs in Houston, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Director IT Projects Development T7633 Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in Houston, TX
- More Targa Resources, Inc. Jobs in Texas