Director, Human Resources (Director III) (Partial Telework)CalOptima - Orange, CA
Director, Human Resources (Director III) (Partial Telework)
CalOptima is the single largest health plan in Orange County, serving 880,000 members, or one in four residents. Our motto — "Better. Together.” — is at the heart of our mission to serve members with excellence, dignity and respect. We are a public agency made up of compassionate leaders and professionals working together to strengthen our community's health. If you're looking for an opportunity to work for an organization dedicated to improving local health care and serving the needs of the most vulnerable, we encourage you to join CalOptima.
***Partial Telework***This position is a remote opportunity for Southern California Applicants. In order to be considered, you must live in Southern California or be willing to relocate.
***NOTE***HR Director will oversee a team of 6 HR professionals, including one HR Manager over Benefits & Wellness and one HR Manager over Workers' Compensation and Leaves Administration.
Leads, oversees, and manages the administration of Human Resources (HR) services, policies, and programs for CalOptima which may include benefits and wellness programs, classification and compensation, employee engagement, employee relations, human resources information systems (HRIS), leaves programs, performance management, Workers' Compensation as determined by the Chief Human Resources Officer. Provides highly responsible and complex guidance to executives and management.
- Participates in the development and implementation of goals aligned with CalOptima's strategic plan and department initiatives.
- Provides oversight and leadership to assigned HR functions.
- Enhances customer service delivery.
- Hires, manages, trains, reviews, and sets goals for assigned staff.
- Develops and administers the human resources budget; forecasts funds needed for operational expenses, approves and monitors expenditures.
- Develops, updates, and implements HR policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable legal provisions. Assists management in informing and educating staff and enforcing these provisions.
- Oversees HR metrics and ensures goals are being met.
- Directs and oversees the HR staff who receives and resolves significant and/or complex human resources matters, and partners with leaders and employees on the most complex, sensitive, or urgent matters.
- Prepares and presents reports and requests to the Board of Directors, Board Committees, and executive management.
- Stays current with employment laws; interprets, recommends and implements modifications and/or development of policies, procedures and guidelines; advises and educates leadership on revisions or changes.
- Designs, develops, and presents trainings to educate and develop leaders and employees within assigned area of subject matter expertise.
- Designs, develops, and communicates the implementation of human resources programs, initiatives, and processes.
- Cultivates and promotes a mission driven culture of high-quality performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency, dignity, and accountability.
- Directs and assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities and collaborates with the leadership team and staff to support short and long-term goals/priorities for the department.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possesses the Ability to:
- Evaluate and interpret applicable laws, rules, and regulations and consult with legal counsel, when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels in the organization; resolve conflict constructively and develop consensus; advise senior leaders as needed.
- Create a culture of customer service focus; including processes and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Anticipate problems and provide solutions prior to escalation of issue.
- Analyze complex issues, evaluate alternatives, problem solve, and recommend and/or implement solutions.
- Exercise sound judgment to make and execute difficult decisions.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and deliver difficult or controversial information to employees with sensitivity to and in consideration of organizational and individual employee circumstances.
- Work under the pressure of competing priorities and strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing to diverse audiences.
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the work of assigned staff and others and assist others in doing so.
- Organize, coordinate research, and analyze statistical data; prepare complex reports.
- Think strategically to align development efforts with business needs.
- Utilize and access computer and appropriate software (e.g. Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and job-specific systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- 7 years of progressive human resources experience, which includes benefits and wellness programs, classification and compensation, employee engagement, employee relations, human resources information systems (HRIS), leaves programs, performance management, Workers' Compensation is required.
- 4 years of supervisory experience is required.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position and provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Public sector employment laws, statutes, and regulations related to benefits programs, deferred compensation and retirement, health, disability, and financial insurance, protected leaves, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblower, public records, pay equity, Workers' Compensation, and more.
- Advanced Human Resources theory, principles, practices, and techniques.
- Principles and practices of supervision, training, and performance management.
- Providing HR programs and services, interpreting, developing, revising, and implementing policies, and general responsibilities, requirements, and regulations of assigned HR areas.
- Methods and techniques for organizing and implementing programs or projects.
- Research techniques and statistical analysis to assist leaders with decision making, resolve complex problems, recommend and implement exceptional customer service, and to sustain current understanding of best practices, trends and legal issues.
- Principles and practices of business writing, report preparation, and making presentations both orally and in writing.
Department(s): Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer
FLSA status: Exempt
Salary Grade: S - $154,000 - $255,200
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/CalOptima/Careers/jobs/3737
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-4260f4eca3fafb4aa0c5d93007c58888
69 days 17 hours ago
applyDirector, Human Resources (Director III) (Partial Telework) CalOptima - Orange,CA,United States
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Orange, CA:
- View More Jobs in Orange, CA
- More Director Human Resources (Director III) (Partial Telework) Jobs in Orange, CA
- More HR Jobs in Orange, CA
- More CalOptima Jobs in Orange, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Director Human Resources (Director III) (Partial Telework) Jobs in California
- More HR Jobs in Orange, CA
- More CalOptima Jobs in California