Director, External Financial Reporting - Bank Regulatory ReportingETRADE Financial Corporation - Arlington, VA
Director, External Financial Reporting - Bank Regulatory Reporting
E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants - over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
The role of Director, External Financial Reporting - Bank Regulatory Reporting is critical to E*TRADE's Controller Group. This role oversees the periodic financial reporting to E*TRADE's primary bank regulators, including the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department's Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (collectively referred to as 'Bank Regulatory Reports'). The ideal candidate will have strong technical and organizational skills, as well as leadership experience overseeing External Financial Reporting processes. This role oversees a total of six individuals located in Arlington, VA, including three direct reports.
* Set the strategic direction for the Bank Regulatory Reporting function, including driving initiatives for improvement and automation of current reporting processes as well as special projects.
* Manage the Bank Regulatory Reporting process, including the timely and accurate filing of the FR Y-9C, FR Y-9LPs and Call Reports and FR Y-15, ensuring compliance consistent with the Company's control environment.
* Monitor changes to GAAP and/or banking rules as well as new products and/or changes to systems and drive the resultant reporting changes.
* Lead the responses to internal requests and external requests from the regulators.
* Coach and mentor team members and encourage collaboration and innovation within the financial reporting department.
* 10 years of professional experience in External Financial Reporting, including data analysis
* Strong technical accounting knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or Bank Regulatory Reporting requirements
* Understanding and experience with data governance and data management
* Experience designing and testing controls for External Financial Reporting processes
* Experience in change management, including designing and implementing change control for External Financial Reporting processes (e.g. new products, new regulations)* Experience working with business intelligence tools and reporting software (e.g. Hyperion SmartView, Hue, Tableau, AxiomSL ControllerView, Workiva Wdesk)
* Experience writing business data requirements and partnering with Technology to ensure effective translation into technical data requirements* Experience formulating business metrics for reporting and analysis, including department budgets and training
* Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technology teams
* Display a high level of ownership as well as a proactive, enthusiastic approach to solving multiple problems under time pressure
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team to support delivery of the team responsibilities as a whole
* Display a willingness to learn through research, inquiry and escalation
Education, Certification and Training
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Economics or related field or equivalent experience
* Financial services experience preferred
* CPA or CFA preferred
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Americas, United States
19 days 1 hour ago
applyDirector, External Financial Reporting - Bank Regulatory Reporting ETRADE Financial Corporation - Arlington, VA, United States
E*TRADE is an innovative financial services company offering a full suite of easy-to-use online brokerage, investing and related banking solutions, delivered at a competitive price. We empower individuals to take control of their financial futures by providing the products, tools and services they need to meet their near- and long-term investing goals.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Federal Finance and Accounting
- Sr Director CAG Business Finance Lead
- Sr. Director, CAG Business Finance Lead
- Director of Finance & Accounting - Dual Property
- Senior Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting
View More Jobs in Arlington, VA:
- View More Jobs in Arlington, VA
- More Director External Financial Reporting Bank Regulatory Reporting Jobs in Arlington, VA
- More Accounting Jobs in Arlington, VA
- More ETRADE Financial Corporation Jobs in Arlington, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Director External Financial Reporting Bank Regulatory Reporting Jobs in Virginia
- More Accounting Jobs in Arlington, VA
- More ETRADE Financial Corporation Jobs in Virginia