Director, Enterprise Architecture (Digital Platform)Safeway, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Director, Enterprise Architecture (Digital Platform). This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The IT Director role oversees the strategy, target architecture, roadmap and design/development governance in support of the Digital Platform strategy of the company. This is a leadership position in the IT Enterprise Architecture organization reporting to the GVP of Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Business Intelligence and M&A.
The Director leads a core group of enterprise architects and enterprise systems engineers that are responsible for the strategy, roadmaps and actionable architectures for all capabilities that are part of the Digital platform strategy.
Candidates must be experienced in Enterprise Architecture best practices and demonstrate experience in the execution of a Digital Platform/E-Commerce strategy for a retail focused company.
The Director must have proven managerial experience working with both senior executives within various disciplines of IT and business executives in the areas they support. The individual in this role will provide input into the enterprise Architecture best practices be a mentor for the use of these best practices within the team. Must have strong communication skills with the ability to discuss and present information and issues across a wide variety of individuals and groups (inside and outside of IT). In addition, this individual must have a proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams delivering high quality and complex solutions within the IT space.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Accountable for understanding and articulating the business strategy and direction associated with the digital Platform and all its capabilities and applications/solutions by working directly with the business stakeholders and delivery teams.
• Accountable for the development and delivery of a multi-year architecture roadmap that outlines the steps/iterations required to fully enable the strategy that is accepted and adopted by the business stakeholders and delivery teams.
• Accountable for the development and delivery of actionable target architectures and reference architectures for each step of the roadmap that align to the roadmap AND to all related enterprise principles, policies and standards.
• Accountable for leading all architecture/technical assessments for the product and technology decision making in support of the architectures.
• Provide architecture, design and technical leadership in support of these architecture within the architecture team, development team and engineering teams throughout the execution of the roadmap.
• Provide architecture governance in support of these architectures throughout the execution of the roadmap.
• Provide direct management of all enterprise architects and enterprise system engineers Ensure alignment with the company's standards and procedures for project management, architecture direction, development standards, security requirements and supportability.
• Provide team members with an environment of coaching, mentoring, feedback and staff development.
• Work across the IT organization to build strong relationships that foster a team spirit.
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related experience
• 7 years leading effective leadership in Enterprise Architecture, Architecture and Delivery teams.
• 10 years of practical experience in Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively manage to key objectives, priorities and schedules.
• E-commerce, Web Content Management, Digital Platform system/package implementation experience
• Retail Industry, preferably Grocery Retail industry experience.
• Knowledge of current architectures, solutions and technologies available within the Digital platform domain.
• Knowledge of TOGAF based Enterprise Architecture frameworks.
• Ability to build team and maintain positive working relationships of the team across the company
• Comfortable at communicating at both a technical and executive level
• Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action
• Strong communication and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and influence IT professionals across the enterprise
• Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
• Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are all essential in this role
• Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
• Travel 10%
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Log In to Apply
Email A Friend
Log In to Apply
3 days 21 hours ago
applyDirector, Enterprise Architecture (Digital Platform) Safeway, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA, United States
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- CTO, Ariba Job
Palo Alto, CA
View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA:
- View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Director Enterprise Architecture (Digital Platform) Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More IT Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Director Enterprise Architecture (Digital Platform) Jobs in California
- More IT Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in California