Director, Corporate Governance, Henry Ford Health SystemHenry Ford Health System - Detroit, MI
Henry Ford Health System is seeking a Director, Corporate Governance for the System that will coordinate and facilitate governance functions and related activities of the Board of Directors of Henry Ford Health System. Will assist the CEO and SVP/General Counsel by planning, developing and coordinating management activities to contribute to the effective discharge of governance and management responsibilities to ensure the achievement of organizational goals and objectives consistent with the strategy and vision of Henry Ford Health System. The Director, Corporate Governance will provide leadership, direction, guidance and consultation to the development and implementation of processes that increase the level of understanding and commitment to Henry Ford Health System’s strategies, vision, and values among its leadership and members of governance, sponsoring entities and/or other related entities. This position reports to the SVP/General Counsel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Plans and develops agendas, reviews bylaws, work plans, and materials (includes Board meeting minutes) for the Board of Directors and other Board committees in consultation with the appropriate officer to ensure a timely response, appropriate preparation and quorum, as well as compliance with bylaws, policies, canonical and legal requirements. Works with the CEO and SVP/General Counsel to provide principal staff support to system governance. Coordinates the planning of, preparation for, and follow-up from meetings of the Board of Directors and ensures effective communication of board actions within the system.
2. Participates in the implementation of the system-wide orientation program with special emphasis on the governance area; participates in the planning and development of a Governance Development Program for the system.
3. Provides administrative support, liaison with system governance.
4. Maintains relationships with colleagues in other organizations to develop a network regarding system governance.
5. Provides support to local governance, working with system executives, CEO and local board chairs on consistent work plans, reports, and other elements of governance improvements.
6. Understands and promotes continuous quality improvement through process redesign and re-engineering, leading key teams as appropriate, to enhance the quality of governance. Models behaviors that support continuous learning and empowerment through leadership.
7. Provides coordination to the executive leadership team by expediting agenda planning, coordinating follow-up, monitoring progress and coordinating activities that facilitate the achievement of management priorities.
•Must possess a Bachelor’s degree and a thorough and in-depth knowledge of system-level governance. Management experience within a multi-unit healthcare organization is required.
•Must have highly effective communications skills with the ability to relate effectively with internal and external constituents.
•Must possess a demonstrated ability to educate others on how to carry out the organization’s philosophy and mission.
•Must be able to direct multiple and diverse studies and projects and be able to mobilize the necessary and appropriate resources to successfully complete such projects.
•Must have strong human relations skills and be able to interact with a variety of constituency groups and executive leadership. Utilizes an empowering, participative style along with the ability to listen and consider views of others.
•Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry Ford Health System has a new approach to its employee benefits program - My Choice Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance, and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an employee, you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health, and Wellness and access to daycare services at Bright Horizons Midtown Detroit, and a whole host of other benefits and services.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
44 days 2 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. healthcare systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research, and education. The system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care. The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600 employees. Henry Ford is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visit our website.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Detroit, MI:
- View More Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More Director Corporate Governance Henry Ford Health System Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More Healthcare Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More Henry Ford Health System Jobs in Detroit, MI
View More Jobs in Michigan:
- View More Jobs in Michigan
- More Director Corporate Governance Henry Ford Health System Jobs in Michigan
- More Healthcare Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More Henry Ford Health System Jobs in Michigan