Dir, Genetics - Sr - Irving, TXQuest Diagnostics - Irving, TX
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Dir, Genetics - Sr in our Irving, TX location.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm, weekends as needed
Full-time, 40 hours weekly
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3788241
The Senior Director (Licensed) reports to the either the Chief Director, Scientific Director or Medical Director as appropriate and is responsible for providing technical interpretation of genetics results, signing reports, providing consultations with physicians regarding technical aspects of assays, implementing new assays, assay troubleshooting, participation in QA responsibilities, providing technical support to operations staff, and reviewing and approval of SOPs. The Senior Director may also serve as the back up for the Scientific and Medical Director. Assumes Clinical Consultant or Technical Supervisor responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director.
1. Interpret results for of clinical genetic testing.
2. Assist in assay trouble-shooting and implementation of new assays
3. Monitor compliance in regards to a safe working environment.
4. Assist, as needed, in the training of technologists.
5. Observe compliance with regulatory agencies, including inspections.
6. Monitor of quality assurance at all levels of practice.
7. Participate in working groups of related or associated professional societies and regulatory agencies. 8. Represent Quest Diagnostics at professional meetings and sales functions.
9. Technical consultation with operations staff.
10. Approve of the test method selection and validation.
11. Ensure that the proficiency testing program is conducted in a timely manner, reviewed by appropriate staff, and approve of corrective action when a proficiency testing result is found to be unsatisfactory.
12. Establish and monitor quality control to ensure that acceptable levels of analytical performance are maintained for each test system. Ensure that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
13. Approve all corrective action and preventative action plans and procedure.
14. Approve Job Assignments and Authorization Matrix (JAAM) and annual Performance and Development Review (PDR) to ensure that all personnel have the appropriate training and demonstrated performance for the type of testing offered.
15. Annually review/approve Standard Operating Procedures for test systems.
1. MD degree or Ph. D. degree or equivalent.
2. Board certified in appropriate genetic subspeciality by the American Board of Medical Genetics or equivalent certification.
3. State Licensure if appropriate
1. 3-5 years related experience.
1. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
2. Demonstrated good decision-making and organizational skills.
3. The capability of being continuously updated in literature in regards to its medical applications.
Key Word Search: Clinical Consultant, Technical Supervisor, Laboratory director
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com
or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation
6 days 10 hours ago
applyDir, Genetics - Sr - Irving, TX Quest Diagnostics - Irving, TX, United States
Quest Diagnostics has headquarters in the U.S. and operations in India, Ireland, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Our products and services are used by customers in over 130 countries. We also collaborate with many international diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and clinics to help improve human health around the world.The company is the leading provider of pre-employment drugs-of-abuse screening for employers & risk assessment services for the life insurance industry. It is the world’s 2nd largest provider of clinical trials testing for new pharmaceuticals.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Corporate Accountant
View More Jobs in Irving, TX:
- View More Jobs in Irving, TX
- More Dir Genetics Sr Irving TX Jobs in Irving, TX
- More Quest Diagnostics Jobs in Irving, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Dir Genetics Sr Irving TX Jobs in Texas
- More Quest Diagnostics Jobs in Texas