DevOps EngineerUnisys - Springfield, VA
Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented DevOps Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The candidate will develop and maintain automated systems used for development, testing, and deployment of various software components within an SDLC while adhering to current DevOps principals and methodologies, and providing support for a fast-paced software development team.
The ideal candidate will have designed, developed and implemented solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. The candidate must possess the technical skills and experiences with Amazon Web Services and continuous delivery systems.
The DevOps Engineer must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization. The DevOps Engineer must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects
- Knowledge of the Atlassian Stack
- Knowledge of Atlassian Confluence Plugin Development and Plugin Java API
- Knowledge of data migration and restore/backup of Confluence
- Understanding of basic Linux platform operations, AWS EC2 w/RedHat Linux Preferred
- Understanding of LDAP/Active Directory integration with Atlassian products
- Ability to communicate with both customers and users
- Designing, implementing and testing agreed-upon infrastructures
- Automating deployment of Linux applications, system configurations and security settings
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite, Sonar, Crucible and Electric Commander
- Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB)
- Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like DataDog, SumoLogic, NewRelic, and Nagios
- Experience with revision code source code repositories in particular git and SVN
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, JMeter) are a plus
- Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
- Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation or similar scripting techniques
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Experience as a DevOPS engineer in a scalable production environment
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Apply for this job at https://unisys.contacthr.com/59731600
View More Unisys Federal Jobs
12 days 13 hours ago
applyDevOps Engineer Unisys - Springfield, VA, United States
We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Software Engineering - DevOps
- Mid-Level System Engineer
- ServiceNow Web Developer TS SCI required
- Software Engineer Job
View More Jobs in Springfield, VA:
- View More Jobs in Springfield, VA
- More DevOps Engineer Jobs in Springfield, VA
- More IT Jobs in Springfield, VA
- More Unisys Jobs in Springfield, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More DevOps Engineer Jobs in Virginia
- More IT Jobs in Springfield, VA
- More Unisys Jobs in Virginia